GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 30 • Bronze: CZE (3) - USA (9) F

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Weird team... good first periods, dreadful seconds, and when the game is waaaay out of reach they still play hard in the 3rd :dunno:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Anyways congrats to USA. They had a great tournament but they would have been fun to watch in the final against Canada.
For Czechs, big disappointment obviously. After getting beat that badly in 2 straight games, it's hard to be happy about making the semi-finals.. overall they didn't deserve it.
But they are a young team. The 98 born group is extremely weak too. So I hope for a strong showing next year. 2 strong draft years( by Czech standards) put together in a team for the first time. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Reactions: trilobyte

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Weird team... good first periods, dreadful seconds, and when the game is waaaay out of reach they still play hard in the 3rd :dunno:
I wouldn't say hard, they played better but USA completely stopped playing. I wonder how different this game would have been if it wasn't for those two SHGs, especially the first one.
Anyways, I wish that one day these blowouts will be long gone. They happen literally every year since what, 2008? Takes away any good feeling you could have about the team.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I wouldn't say hard, they played better but USA completely stopped playing. I wonder how different this game would have been if it wasn't for those two SHGs, especially the first one.
Anyways, I wish that one day these blowouts will be long gone. They happen literally every year since what, 2008? Takes away any good feeling you could have about the team.
Well hard compared to the 2nd period lol
More of what I meant

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Congratulations to the Americans. Canada knows you deserved to play us for Gold.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Anyways congrats to USA. They had a great tournament but they would have been fun to watch in the final against Canada.
For Czechs, big disappointment obviously. After getting beat that badly in 2 straight games, it's hard to be happy about making the semi-finals.. overall they didn't deserve it.
But they are a young team. The 98 born group is extremely weak too. So I hope for a strong showing next year. 2 strong draft years( by Czech standards) put together in a team for the first time. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Yeah, if there's a good takeaway it's that a lot of these kids'll be back next year, hopefully with a lot more experience. Just making the semis after all that time is progress. One step at a time..

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Too bad about the Czech's getting crushed, thought theyd have a better game, at least they finished 4th and have a good chance to make the final 4 again next year, gotta work on their game vs. Canada and the US.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Gotta give team USA credit for coming through today after the bitter disappointment of the Sweden game. :clap:

Right. After they lost to Canada in the last Olympics, they played like garbage for bronze against Finland. No one cared. Those kids definitely did yesterday

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Right. After they lost to Canada in the last Olympics, they played like garbage for bronze against Finland. No one cared. Those kids definitely did yesterday

They ? Kids that play in U18 and U20, for the US, in medal rounds of international tournaments have and had nothing to do with Sochi. Cross comparisons are silly.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
They ? Kids that play in U18 and U20, for the US, in medal rounds of international tournaments have and had nothing to do with Sochi. Cross comparisons are silly.

Havnt you heard?

All Americans are exactly the same and that goes for every country too.

I mean, New Yorkers are the same as Alabamans who are the same as Californians who are the same as folks from North Dakota.....across all age groups too.

Every GDT is half full of these insinuations so I'm guessing it must be true.....or hfboards is just filled with tribal dimwits who make themselves look foolish.

One or the other.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad