GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 28 • SF2: CAN (7) - CZE (2) F

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
We already know for a fact that these kids grew up dreaming of being in a gold medal game for Canada, and rarely does Canada never not bring it in a GMG. As per usual Canada will likely pepper the Swedish goal with an upwards of 40-50 shots, Swedish goalie better be ready for an onslaught.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's easier to make an argument that Zadina was in the top 3 overall in the tournament than that he wasn't a top 3 player for the Czechs

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Credit to the Czechs as well for establishing their game early and getting off to a good start. If even one of the two empty net opportunities had been converted it may have been a different game.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I assume the Czech coaching staff was just spreading the love around since Zadina was named player of the game itself.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Wow, this was an unfortunate result. What happened, did the Czech choke? Or are they really this mediocre?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
We already know for a fact that these kids grew up dreaming of being in a gold medal game for Canada, and rarely does Canada never not bring it in a GMG. As per usual Canada will likely pepper the Swedish goal with an upwards of 40-50 shots, Swedish goalie better be ready for an onslaught.
Please god just no shootout.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Learn what, that Ducharme is a garbage coach?

I already know that.

He's clearly not a garbage coach judging from the team he picked and the results on the ice.

The team he picked you called the worst group of forwards ever for Canada. How is that looking now?

You also stated you wouldn't be watching this year's team, I wonder if you've stuck to that. I'm guessing not.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He's clearly not a garbage coach judging from the team he picked and the results on the ice.

The team he picked you called the worst group of forwards ever for Canada. How is that looking now?

You also stated you wouldn't be watching this year's team, I wonder if you've stuck to that. I'm guessing not.

It still is an awful group of forwards, they are lucky the opposition is just as bad this year.

I said I wouldn't move things around to watch games which was true I didn't watch every game live and only watched parts of some games.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Im watching the Canada game (planning to catch up in PVR during the intermission) but based on the box score maybe I should just skip the 1st period?

Is it as bad as the stats make it look?

It still is an awful group of forwards, they are lucky the opposition is just as bad this year.

I said I wouldn't move things around to watch games which was true I didn't watch every game live and only watched parts of some games.

Looks like you've moved things around, liar.

I won't even bother further addressing your comments about the forward group as you clearly have no clue.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Looks like you've moved things around, liar.

I won't even bother further addressing your comments about the forward group as you clearly have no clue.

What did I move?

PVRing a hockey game? LOL

I have five kids to get to bed every night I often PVr games so I can watch them.

If that is your "proof" that is laughable.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Canada is going to demolish Sweden
Calm down with the demolish. Canada had a much easier path than Sweden to the Gold. I am actually nervous about this game, as a Canadian fan. Canada needs to stay disciplined, and Carter Hart needs to be the better goalie tomorrow. Still picking Canada to win, but will not be easy.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

Canada's forward group has played very well so far. I wasn't entirely sold on them pre-tournament but their depth has been great, they play with a ton of speed and have been a big part of Canada's lethal power play. Every now and then, just admit you were wrong and move on, no shame in that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad