GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 10 • Group A: USA (2) - SVK (3) F

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Yeah, to the right of the kid, small group in sabres gear. Long angle showing players skating from the glass shows who Ruzicka was addressing. Looked like fans were laughing anyway, still not cool, though I didn’t see what provoked it.
It appears to me the Ruzicka's reaction was an outburst of relief (anger) after the won game when the second US goal was after a non-call at the blue line. The Slovak bench was pissed... 2 cents

Reactions: Faterson

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
US is actually a decent squad.....I'd say this upset is more on par with Canada's soccer team taking out either Germany or Brazil. :laugh:

Neither team is at the next World Cup so I guess it's moot. ;)

Slovak hockey (even at the junior level) is lightyears ahead of Canadian soccer.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
US is actually a decent squad.....I'd say this upset is more on par with Canada's soccer team taking out either Germany or Brazil. :laugh:

Neither team is at the next World Cup so I guess it's moot. ;)

Hah I don't think it's that big of an upset, let's be realistic now ;) Canada beating Germany or Brazil at a competitive fixture would be like South Korea beating Canada at hockey, no joke. Sadly, I've been following the men's team for two decades now :(

The Big 6 was a Big 7 several years ago, and Slovakia had historically been a strong country going through a trough in their program. The current US soccer team is experiencing a similar trough and couldn't beat or even draw Trinidad & Tobago (they'd be a D2A team) in their most important game since 2014. Them beating Germany or Brazil is about a big of a stretch as this.

Congrats to Slovakia and hopefully this pumps the USA up for a competitive game today!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
And people wonder why hockey has a reputation for being too bland and conservative.
These are 18-19 year-old kids. If they’re joyful after a mega upset, let ‘em go crazy with their pure emotion.
Not sure of your point but I liked the celebration. Slovaks beat the US. Always a good thing to Canadian hockey fans and a fans of Liska who plays here in Kitchener. Go Liska!

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yep, that sounds pretty Finnish. :laugh: I've honestly never heard that before in my life. What does it even mean?
Pretty much USA came to the game overconfident and unprepared. Didn't take their opponent seriously. Mental thing.

Someone could explain it better, but I think that what "Takki auki = Jacket open" means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad