GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 08 • Group B: RUS (5) - SUI (2) F

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Thats what I was talking about. Pretty much 4th line gave us the win. Kostin & Svechnikov are the best players of the game, despite no pp time for Andrey. Hopefully Bragin realizes this, and we'll see them more vs Sweden

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Thats what I was talking about. Pretty much 4th line gave us the win. Kostin & Svechnikov are the best players of the game, despite no pp time for Andrey. Hopefully Bragin realizes this, and we'll see them more vs Sweden
i'm not a fan of kostin to put it mildly. svechnikov, on the other hand, is a treat.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I don't know what to think of this win. The team seems rather weak when compared to previous installments. They do have fighting character and tenacity which is a Bragin trademark, but don't seem to have the same skill set in offence as is usual. The players have difficulty realizing their chances, many shots missed the net, for eg. Overall they did look better this match and there were moments where they kept the Swiss team in their own zone for large stretches of time. At any rate, I hope the boys will continue improving and finally find the necessary chemistry and cool composure to better realise their chances.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't know what to think of this win. The team seems rather weak when compared to previous installments. They do have fighting character and tenacity which is a Bragin trademark, but don't seem to have the same skill set in offence as is usual. The players have difficulty realizing their chances, many shots missed the net, for eg. Overall they did look better this match and there were moments where they kept the Swiss team in their own zone for large stretches of time. At any rate, I hope the boys will continue improving and finally find the necessary chemistry and cool composure to better realise their chances.

confidence booster for this team, I think they continue to get better.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
i'm not a fan of kostin to put it mildly. svechnikov, on the other hand, is a treat.

But you cannot deny the fact that he was the best player on the ice today for us. And on top of that him and Andrey are the most talented on this team. This fact once again shows how bad depth this year team has.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
It is funny because next year tournament, Russia suppose to have one the of the best team in terms of names & talent in the last 10 years or so.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Based on what?

Based on the opinion of experts and coaches. Even as a fan, if you look on the potential roster next year, 2000-2001 year is considered very talented. Svechnikov (well, he is expected to be in NHL by than, but still), Denisenko, Khovanov, Kravtsov, Zavgorodny, Artemi Knyazev ( one of the most hyped defenceman from Russia, wouldn't be surprize if Bragin will take him) etc.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Based on the opinion of experts and coaches. Even as a fan, if you look on the potential roster next year, 2000-2001 year is considered very talented. Svechnikov (well, he is expected to be in NHL by than, but still), Denisenko, Khovanov, Kravtsov, Zavgorodny, Artemi Knyazev ( one of the most hyped defenceman from Russia, wouldn't be surprize if Bragin will take him) etc.
i watch our teams of various age groups periodically. i can assure you that the future is bleak.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
i watch our teams of various age groups periodically. i can assure you that the future is bleak.

It cannot be more bleak than this year team lol... Unless all those players I mentioned above will not play to their standards and fall of the cliff, I expect it to be much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad