GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 01 • Group B: CZE (5) - RUS (4) F

Which team wins this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
have not heard his name once
has he even been on the ice lol. i didn’t realize he was playing until someone asked what number he was wearing. i was going to reply saying he’s not playing today but i checked the lineups on the first page and saw him there lol

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
has he even been on the ice lol. i didn’t realize he was playing until someone asked what number he was wearing. i was going to reply saying he’s not playing today but i checked the lineups on the first page and saw him there lol
I did the same .. looked up the roster from another source as well... He would be talked up if he did anything at all... so he's either glued to the bench or not dressed. Bob Mac just mentioned him he must be in the lineup but not getting much ice

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zadina not looking too good

is it me or is Chytil barely on the ice

He doesn't PK for them, so he wasn't on the ice much towards the end of that period.

What I noticed was that one of his line mates PK's, so even if he doesn't PK, his line still has to wait until that guy is good to go back on the ice after the PK. Thats going to be annoying, lets hope they don't take many penalties.

Reactions: Lays

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not a great surprise when using Sholokhov and Kayumov over Abramov and Rubtsov on the PP...

Svechnikov also didn't play the PP.

Bragin's a good coach, but some of his decisions are way to by the book. He likes balancing out lines and also wants two defensemen on his PP's. It leads to having grinders on his PP's and too many defensemen.

Russian PP should have Altybarmakyan, Polodyan, Maltsev, Rubtsov, Svechnikov, Abramov, Sokolov, Kostin along with Makeyev and Zaitsev. Maybe Samorukov instead of Kostin if you want a third defensemen.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Svechnikov also didn't play the PP.

Bragin's a good coach, but some of his decisions are way to by the book. He likes balancing out lines and also wants two defensemen on his PP's. It leads to having grinders on his PP's and too many defensemen.

Especially with the defense group they have brought to this WJC vs the forward group.

1 on each PP is more than enough...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I hadn't previously seen Necas play. Very slippery move on the defender in the corner on his first or second shift. Impressed so far.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Why is Bragin always the coach? The guy seems like such an idiot. How does Svechnikov get left off of the PP. I understand he isn't 19 but my god.

lol agreed. you got svech and kostin, probly the most talented offensive dynamos on the team....yet they barely get any ice. (Yes i used the word dynamos because they're russian)

AirJordan

May 23, 2013
svechnikov played not bad at all. Pk and pp (played the 1st one) with some strong plays. this game is a perfect example why every scout on earth ranks him higher than zadina, one is the complete package, the other is the one trick pony and looks for open ice...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad