Prospect Info: 2018 Vegas Rookie Faceoff

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I swear to gah, I never saw this amount of criticism of Clague (his D, specifically) before the last three or so months, then everyone and their mother has takes (right or wrong) on his subpar D.

Now y'all have me thinking we have another LaDue. Where did I miss this, apparent, void in his development?

I try to stay on top of our org, and the reports of his lackluster D is so fresh to me, yet many of you were calling it out a few months ago. What am I doing wrong here?

There have always been reports about his lackluster D. I just think that now seeing him play at this level, his offensive/transition isn't going to be good enough to overcome it at a high level. Still think he's an NHLer, just more along the lines of a bottom pairing guy than an Alec Martinez +.

And, frankly, it's mostly just me being extremely harsh...most others are pretty cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: King Trouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
There have always been reports about his lackluster D. I just think that now seeing him play at this level, his offensive/transition isn't going to be good enough to overcome it at a high level. Still think he's an NHLer, just more along the lines of a bottom pairing guy than an Alec Martinez +.

And, frankly, it's mostly just me being extremely harsh...most others are pretty cautiously optimistic.
You were one of the first, RJ, for sure, but now I'm seeing it more and more. Thank you for the reply. I will continue to be optimistic for his top-pairing ceiling. But I am on alert now, that he may have leveled out in his development. If you're gonna play defense in Kings hockey, you better know how to play defense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad