Speculation: 2018 UFAs who might hit the market

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
From the Jets, I'd guess Schilling, Hutchinson, and Hendricks aren't signed. Tanev, Matthias, and Enstrom signed to 2 year deals. If Enstrom wants money similar to his current salary, he is released or traded.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
It wouldn't be surprising to see, from the Canucks, Gudbranson and Vanek available. The Sedins may or may not be extended, but they've indicated they don't intend to keep playing outside Vancouver. From the lower end, it is very likely that Bachman will not be extended and it wouldn't be surprising to see Weircioch, Rodin and Megna decide to look elsewhere.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
from toronto, every pending ufa will hit the market. this includes, and limited to, jvr, bozak, komarov, moore, lupul, fehr, greening, smith and polak. even marincin and maybe carrick and pickard will be non-tendered and become free agents.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
From the Isles: Halak, Chimera, Hickey, Kulemin, possibly de Haan. Expecting Bailey to re-sign, JT depends on arena.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Stastny will be re-signed unless by some magic fortune stroke of luck we upgrade the position. With Turris and Duchene both out of the question, JT is the only real option which is extremely unlikely.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Rick Nash from the Rangers, assuming we don't trade him at the deadline. And if we're even close to a playoff spot, I doubt management trades him.

Blueshirts 94

DJ ZBad
Jan 26, 2016
New York
Rick Nash from the Rangers, assuming we don't trade him at the deadline. And if we're even close to a playoff spot, I doubt management trades him.

I think he stays for the year, but not sure if we extend him/re-sign him. Other UFAs for us are Grabner, Desharnais, and Pavelec, and I'd expect all of them to hit the open market.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
From the Flames, the only pending UFA I see being re-signed is Backlund. Stajan/Versteeg/Glass/Bartkowski all walk, Jagr retires.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It'll be interesting to see what happens with John Carlson in Washington. Caps also have Jay Beagle and Lars Eller hitting UFA this year along with DSP, Chiasson, Chorney, and Ness. I imagine how they do this year will dictate who is brought back.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I don't see Tampa Bay resigning any of those 8 players. Should open up a few spots for the kids in Syracuse that are ready to come up.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
from toronto, every pending ufa will hit the market. this includes, and limited to, jvr, bozak, komarov, moore, lupul, fehr, greening, smith and polak. even marincin and maybe carrick and pickard will be non-tendered and become free agents.

Agreed on pretty much everything minus Carrick and Pickard.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That list has Mark Stone as a ufa, but i believe he is actually a rfa after this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad