Speculation: 2018 UFA signings (make your predictions here)

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Predict where the following players end up and if you are bold enough, go ahead and predict term. Feel free to add whoever you want to your list!

Tavares - Montreal - 7 x 11
Carlson - Red Wings - 7 x 7.75
JVR - LA - 5 x 6.5
Thornton - Leafs 1 x 6 Million
Rick Nash - Boston - 3 x 6.5 Million
Stastny - Winnipeg - 6 x 5.75
James Neal - 6 x 6
Evander Kane - Van - 7 x 6.5
Andreas Athanasiou - Red Wings - 4 x 3.75
Mike Green - Washington 5 x 6
Tobi Enstrom - Arizona - 3 x 6
Jack Johnson - Columbus 5 x 5
Calvin deHaan - Islanders - 3 x 3
Kari lehtonen - Dallas - 5 x 6
Cam Ward - Vancouver 3 x 6.5

Please go easy on me in relation to term. I admittedly have very limited knowledge on some of these players and I didn’t think too far ahead re: cap. I know for some teams they’ll have to be creative with other moves

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
So 20 millions for a player who was on waivers (and unclaimed) this season? Interesting to say the least

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
VGK won't be signing Garrison to that term or money.

He's been playing in the AHL this year for even less money than that

Personally don't see Johnson going to CBJ either. He's been wanting more ice time and I don't really see them offering him anymore next year compared to this year

Lehtonen well get a substantial pay cut, especially if he is signing on till he's 39. He's their backup at best.

JvR to LA could be a good fit

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Although the Yotes may be looking for a 6/7D to possibly replace Connauton if we don't resign him, I don't see the interest in Enstrom. We're pretty set at LHD with OEL, Goligoski, Hammer, and Chychrun.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Eklund is that you? These are laughably bad. Looks like you just went with the hometown/canadian team or current team for all these players. Then on top of that you think they get paid what they'd make in their prime as if most of these guys wont be seeing paycuts

cam ward one is the best of all! Canucks already have over 6M tied into Markstrom and Nilsson and need to move Nilsson to open a spot for Demko yet we add another goalie? not to mention at 6.5M

yes i saw your disclaimer but thats no reason to post this. Why bother posting if you arent willing to even take a second to think how these players fit or are even worth what you suggest they are?

Last edited:

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Cam Ward at 6.5 is insane. And 3 years haha. That might be one of the worst things I've seen. I usually don't like to criticize too much, but come on. I just don't see how anyone can think that makes any sense

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Predict where the following players end up and if you are bold enough, go ahead and predict term. Feel free to add whoever you want to your list!

Tavares - Montreal - 7 x 11
Carlson - Red Wings - 7 x 7.75
JVR - LA - 5 x 6.5
Thornton - Leafs 1 x 6 Million
Rick Nash - Boston - 3 x 6.5 Million
Stastny - Winnipeg - 6 x 5.75
James Neal - 6 x 6
Evander Kane - Van - 7 x 6.5
Andreas Athanasiou - Red Wings - 4 x 3.75
Mike Green - Washington 5 x 6
Tobi Enstrom - Arizona - 3 x 6
Jack Johnson - Columbus 5 x 5
Calvin deHaan - Islanders - 3 x 3
Kari lehtonen - Dallas - 5 x 6
Cam Ward - Vancouver 3 x 6.5

Please go easy on me in relation to term. I admittedly have very limited knowledge on some of these players and I didn’t think too far ahead re: cap. I know for some teams they’ll have to be creative with other moves

I lol'ed....so we basically trade carlson for and aging injured green and save a couple mil? In what world does that make sense for Washington? They'd offer Carlson the 7.75 to retain him. Green though perhaps might come back to DC but I would expect it to be a lighter "wow" contract. He just bought a house in DC last summer and his wife is from there. He also loves DC so I wouldn't be shocked to see him take a smaller short contract to come back home.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Tavares - St Louis 7 yrs/11.5 M Per
Stastny- Montreal 4 yrs/6 M Per
Carlson - Vancouver 3 yrs/10 M per
JVR - Montreal 5 yrs/6.5 M Per
Jumbo Joe - San Jose 1 Yr/4.5 M Per
Rick Nash - Columbus 2 Yr/5 M per
Evander Kane - Detroit 5 Yr/6 M Per
Calvin DeHaan - Toronto 4Yr 4 M Per

No idea about the cap or anything just guesses lol

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Like most have said, yours seem pretty far off. I won't guess on contracts, but I'll take a stab at some players and the teams I think they sign with.

Tavares - San Jose
Carlson - Washington
Bozak - Vancouver
JVR - Vancouver
Thornton - San Jose (big discount for one last run)
Rick Nash - Boston
Stastny - Winnipeg
James Neal - Edmonton
Evander Kane - If Tavares doesn't sign in SJ, then he'll re-sign there. If not, maybe LA?
Andreas Athanasiou - Detroit
Mike Green - Not sure. Toronto?
Tobi Enstrom - Arizona
Jack Johnson - Vancouver
Calvin deHaan - Islanders -
Kari lehtonen - Chicago
Cam Ward - Carolina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad