2018 Summer Friendlies

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Apparently ESPN leaked the dates and locations of all ICC fixtures.

• 7/20 Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund (Soldier Field)
  • 7/22 Liverpool vs Borussia Dortmund (Bank of America Stadium)
  • 7/25 Manchester City vs Liverpool (MetLife Stadium)
  • 7/25 AC Milan vs Manchester United (Rose Bowl)
  • 7/25 AS Roma vs Tottenham Hotspur (Qualcomm Stadium)
  • 7/25 Borussia Dortmund vs Benfica (Heinz Field)
  • 7/25 Juventus vs Bayern Munich (Lincoln Financial Field)
  • 7/28 Manchester United vs Liverpool (Michigan Stadium)
  • 7/28 Bayern Munich vs Manchester City (Hard Rock Stadium)
  • 7/28 Barcelona vs Tottenham Hotspur (Rose Bowl)
  • 7/28 Benfica vs Juventus (Red Bull Arena)
  • 7/31 Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Hard Rock Stadium)
  • 7/31 Tottenham Hotspur vs AC Milan (US Bank Stadium)
  • 7/31 Barcelona vs AS Roma (AT&T Stadium)
  • 8/1 MLS All Stars vs Juventus (Mercedes-Benz Stadium) [MLS All Star Game]
  • 8/4 AC Milan vs Barcelona (Levi's Stadium)
  • 8/4 Real Madrid vs Juventus (FedEx Field)
  • 8/7 Real Madrid vs AS Roma (MetLife Stadium)
Non US Matches
  • 7/20 Sevilla FC vs Benfica (Letzigrund Stadion)
  • 7/21 Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain (Worthersee Stadion)
  • 7/26 Atletico Madrid vs Arsenal (Singapore National Stadium)
  • 7/28 Arsenal vs Paris Saint-Germain (Singapore National Stadium)
  • 7/28 Chelsea vs Sevilla FC (National Stadium)
  • 7/30 Paris Saint-Germain vs Atletico Madrid (Singapore National Stadium)
  • 8/1 Chelsea vs Internazionale (Ullevi Stadium)
  • 8/4 Arsenal vs Chelsea (Friends Arena)
  • 8/7 Internazionale vs Sevilla FC (Via del Mare)
  • 8/12 Atletico Madrid vs Internazionale (Wanda Metropolitano)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If it was Miami or New York I would have considered going anyway, haven't yet been to either place. Charlotte and Detroit? No. Not just no but hell no.
If I wasn't going to be out of town for the Charlotte match I would probably go to that. The local supporters club in Raleigh is probably doing a bus trip, but my buddy is getting married the day before in Philly. Might have a chance to go to the game in NJ though

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Detroit is a hell no. Miami and LA might be interesting although I’m not stoked about going to either place, especially Miami, in the middle of summer.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Rose Bowl is a hellhole. The single worst parking situation I have ever seen where they have to bus you about a mile from the parking garage to the stadium and a mile back after the game. The line after the game is grotesque.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Is it fair to say all of these teams will be lacking any players involved in the World Cup?

Depends, the players on teams who get knocked out in the group stage/R16 will probably be involved, any player involved later than that then its unlikely. Usually they get 2-3 weeks off. However if those dates are correct I would suspect most of the World Cup players will be there barring the players playing in the quarters and beyond

I find the tickets to these games way too expensive, especially compared to 10-15 years ago when these teams first started to really come to the US. I bet that game at Red Bull Arena the cheapest ticket will be $100, if the Peru-Iceland match is anything to go by where the cheapest ticket was like $60 for two "non-fancy" national teams :skeptic:

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Depends, the players on teams who get knocked out in the group stage/R16 will probably be involved, any player involved later than that then its unlikely. Usually they get 2-3 weeks off. However if those dates are correct I would suspect most of the World Cup players will be there barring the players playing in the quarters and beyond

I find the tickets to these games way too expensive, especially compared to 10-15 years ago when these teams first started to really come to the US. I bet that game at Red Bull Arena the cheapest ticket will be $100, if the Peru-Iceland match is anything to go by where the cheapest ticket was like $60 for two "non-fancy" national teams :skeptic:

Yes that’s what I’m worried about. I’ve gotten way to excited in the last with flights & great seats spending a lot of money only to see back ups and the kids.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean Liverpool have a bunch of players that wont be at the world cup.

Karius (though he should be), Clyne, Trent (though he should be), Robertson, Virgil, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Lallana (if he is right) Ings, Solanke, Origi (lol), Matip, Woodburn, Wilson; that's enough to make it interesting. Youth like Jones and Brewster could go too. And of course. Klopp.

Not sure where Lovren stands with Croatia. Gomez injury probably keeps him home.

Unfortunately living in the USA, you dont really know when you are going to have the next chance to see your team. I would have gotten the chance to go to Anfield this season if I didnt get laid off, but the older I get the more difficult it is to get across the pond.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I mean Liverpool have a bunch of players that wont be at the world cup.

Karius (though he should be), Clyne, Trent (though he should be), Robertson, Virgil, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Lallana (if he is right) Ings, Solanke, Origi (lol), Matip, Woodburn, Wilson; that's enough to make it interesting. Youth like Jones and Brewster could go too. And of course. Klopp.

Not sure where Lovren stands with Croatia. Gomez injury probably keeps him home.

Unfortunately living in the USA, you dont really know when you are going to have the next chance to see your team. I would have gotten the chance to go to Anfield this season if I didnt get laid off, but the older I get the more difficult it is to get across the pond.

I doubt any preseason experience will top the last one. Sat right behind Klopp and Conte going ballistic even though it was a preseason game. Klopp's reaction when Karius broke his hand was not good. Was sitting next to a Belgian Hazard fan who used to go to the game back in Belgium. He said both of them were f***ing crazy and he'd never seen anything like that.

I think your point about how many players won't be at the World Cup may have something to do with their current performance levels. The rest of the season is their WC.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I doubt any preseason experience will top the last one. Sat right behind Klopp and Conte going ballistic even though it was a preseason game. Klopp's reaction when Karius broke his hand was not good. Was sitting next to a Belgian Hazard fan who used to go to the game back in Belgium. He said both of them were ****ing crazy and he'd never seen anything like that.

I think your point about how many players won't be at the World Cup may have something to do with their current performance levels. The rest of the season is their WC.
I was in Baltimore in 2012. The only memorable thing was Charlie Adam horror tackling Gareth Bale, and it was miserably hot. Got to see Gerrard though.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
That New Jersey "crying girl" on the 2014 PreSeason after meeting StevieG such a rememorable vibe.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Benfica-Juventus match is the same day we are scheduled to play Columbus. MLS/SUM wouldn't be stupid enough to move a league match for a meaningless bullshit friendly right? That would be like telling everyone MLS is meaningless and they shouldn't care about it, and they wouldn't be stupid and shortsighted enough to do that right? RIGHT???? And yes, I know the answer is "They are".

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'll probably try to go to the Detroit game. Unfortunate location but I really want to go to the game.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Update on previous post: we refused to move our game and the friendly will be played on the same day at 1pm with our match taking place at 7pm. The smart thing to do would be to have them push our game hard at the friendly by offering reduced price tickets to anyone who shows their stub at the box office. Get people in for one of our matches (particularly with how good we are) and a decent amount will come back.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tickets for the game at Michigan Stadium went on presale today at noon. Code isn't too hard to find but pm if you want it anyway.
Detroit is a fun place to visit imo.
Is Ann Arbor really the same as Detroit though? Never been myself but it sounds like more of an upscale, college town outside of Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad