Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Report: Obi Melifonwu visiting with Patriots Friday

The Patriots are getting a look at one of the more interesting prospects to recently hit the free agent market as New England is set to host free agent safety Obi Melifonwu for a visit on Friday, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

The former second round pick of the Raiders was recently released by Oakland and has now been making the rounds on various visits with NFL teams, including the Dallas Cowboys. New England proves to be the latest to want to take a look at the safety. The Patriots also may have the inside track at landing Melifonwu if they so choose as he's from Grafton, Massachusetts and played his college ball at UConn, making his New England roots very strong.

Injuries have hampered Melifonwu's time in the league so far as he was held to just five games during his rookie season in 2017 and totaled six tackles. The safety landed on IR twice during that season and then was slowed to start the year in 2018 for Oakland as they placed him on IR to start the year after he cleared waivers before letting him go on Tuesday.

I feel bad for this kid. Been nothing but snake bitten. great young man. Tremendous athlete. I've known him since I coached him his Little League days on my son's team.
I wish him all the best.

Reactions: Fossy21 and JRull86

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Lets not overreact here. He could of missed an elevator and been 2 minutes late.

This is just rule book discipline like anyone else.

If he did something really bad he wouldn't even be dressing for the game.

Name the last time any Pats player had to sit out a quarter of a game for being 2 minutes tardy for something during the week.

This isn't some Wes Welker "spite benching".

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
IDK Josh Gordon's past. All I really know is he was suspended for smoking weed.

IDK what he did but BB is strict and keeps everything secretive. Doubt his transgression was so horrible to call him an idiot.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
BUT you could get arrested for assaulting bouncers and skipping out on a 50,000 pound bar tab in a foreign country where you’re trying to spread the game while playing for the Jaguars and not miss a minute

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad