2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | FIGURE SKATING | Feb 9th - 23rd

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Italian duo had a fun skate.

I'm definitely rooting for Canada (specifically Duhamel) in this. I liked her genuine reaction watching Nagasu land that triple axel in the team competition.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
had those lutz been cleaner, that technical score would have been higher.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
ohooo the german guy did a double instead of a triple. that sucks for them.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
ouch. 76.59.
and the fact that Meagan and Eric won the free in the team would give them confidence going into the finals. (really. never in the equation? China that good eh?)
My wife follows Figure Skating far more intensely than I do but she's told me that Wenjing and Cong come in as the heavy favorites for the pairs.

I've learned to trust her judgement ;)

AshleyN

Jan 16, 2009
ouch. 76.59.
and the fact that Meagan and Eric won the free in the team would give them confidence going into the finals. (really. never in the equation? China that good eh?)
To be fair, their main competition didn't skate the free in the team event. In order to have a chance at gold they'd most likely need errors from each of the Chinese, Russian, and German teams. I think all three beat them if they skate clean.

Anyways, that was a great competition -- at least for the final two flights, which is what I saw. The free skate is going to be a bloodbath: less than a point between the top two, less than three points separating three to nine.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
To be fair, their main competition didn't skate the free in the team event. In order to have a chance at gold they'd most likely need errors from each of the Chinese, Russian, and German teams. I think all three beat them if they skate clean.

Anyways, that was a great competition -- at least for the final two flights, which is what I saw. The free skate is going to be a bloodbath: less than a point between the top two, less than three points separating three to nine.

thanks for that (i always forget not all the heavy hitters are in the team).
honestly i hope everyone skates at their best and then canada wins a medal :)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
that chinese team went splat through that entire routine.
Carol "it was star wars theme but the force was not with them"

sorry. i snorted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad