2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | FIGURE SKATING | Feb 9th - 23rd

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
How frustrating for Gabby...the whole point of doing the easier (relative to other top women) combo is she can do it in her sleep and then bank execution marks. But not tonight :(

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, but they still had to potential to do more. Shibs delivering was nice, but Nathan Chen had a legit shot for the gold.
The USFSA should focus more on giving promising jr skaters opportunities during jr events rather than lower ranked sr skaters. It's a start at least.

Canada cyclically bottoms out at junior (including for extended periods of time) but will get skaters who competed at a slightly younger age who become competitive at sr faster.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I guess after skaters got the memo that they should stop with Les Miz and Phantom they all converted to the same piece of music.

and next Quadrennial-it's gonna be "The Greatest Showman" and more Moulin Rouge.
i've often said there should be a central music registry. file your music and that's it. too bad i someone in ice dance picked it, pick something else.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
and next Quadrennial-it's gonna be "The Greatest Showman" and more Moulin Rouge.
i've often said there should be a central music registry. file your music and that's it. too bad i someone in ice dance picked it, pick something else.
After I wrote that post, I thought to myself "I forgot to add, 'Papa Do You Hear Me'. Saved myself the embarrassment because it was, like, the next program.

AshleyN

Jan 16, 2009
I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of La La Land here. I think one of the pairs teams skated to it, and apparently Ashley Wagner was using it (but failed to qualify for the Games) but I really expected it to be the trendy pick this year.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I thought the USFSA made the correct choice by leaving Wagner off the team - she was out of action most of this season and her results the last two seasons didn't warrant them jamming their thumb on the scale again on her behalf (esp. with Tennell, the weakest of many options winning the national title and not "available" to be booted from the team).

But I can't help but wonder how Ashley would have performed here. Easy to assume the best of the non-available option, to be sure...but still...

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of La La Land here. I think one of the pairs teams skated to it, and apparently Ashley Wagner was using it (but failed to qualify for the Games) but I really expected it to be the trendy pick this year.
I *think* someone did it in the ice dance as well. Maybe it's the narrative of the music? Lends itself to "duo skating", if you will. Kinda like the La Strada soundtrack lends itself to male singles skaters?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
that's... okay... that's high. like it was awesome. but the team performance was better. okay judges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad