• Jack Perbix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Vote using any whatever criteria you'd like. Only prospects that are eligible under HF's prospect criteria (less than 65 games played before 24th birthday, or 45 for goalies) will be eligible for this poll.

Jacob Larsson is the winner of the second poll and is our #3 ranked prospect to enter the season!

For this poll, I'm voting for Isac Lundestrom.

This year's rankings:

1. Sam Steel +1
2. Troy Terry +4
3. Jacob Larsson -

Last year's rankings:

1. Montour
2. Steel
3. Larsson
4. Jones
5. Kase
6. Terry
7. Mahura
8. Comtois
9. Pettersson
10. Morand
11. Kerdiles
12. Nattinen
13. Welinski
14. Megna
15. Kossila
16. Roy
17. Kopacka
18. Badini
19. Sorensen
20. Gates Jr.
21. Eriksson Ek
22. Sideroff
23. Soy
24. Dostie
25. Fiore

Notable Graduates/Departures:

Montour
Kase
Kerdiles
Soy
Megna​

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
This is probably just me being biased but I think our prospect pool is more skilled and much deeper than it is given credit for. I like Mahura this time but our middle group of prospects (mahura, comtois, lundestrom, jones, and larsson) seems strong to me.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
This is probably just me being biased but I think our prospect pool is more skilled and much deeper than it is given credit for. I like Mahura this time but our middle group of prospects (mahura, comtois, lundestrom, jones, and larsson) seems strong to me.
People really only seem to care about the high end prospects, which is fair, but for a team that never drafts high, we're doing alright.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hmm this 1 is pretty tough

Mahura Terry Lundestrum Jones and comtois all have decent upsides.

I went with Mahura but honestly they are all solid options.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Pettersson has shown he can play in the NHL, I wouldn’t have Comtois ahead of him yet

Well he is much further in his development, and I do like Pettersson and could see him having Carl Gunnarsson type career. However I'm very excited about Comtois. Hard-working, physical, intelligent and definitely has offensive upside as well. I think he has a big season ahead of him and he'll shoot up our rankings next year.

edit - I also have no idea why anyone would have Jones ahead of him at this point.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Pettersson has shown he can play in the NHL, I wouldn’t have Comtois ahead of him yet
I am voting based upon what I view at the top end potential of each prospect, not where they are now. I would agree that Pettersson is ahead of many of the other players on the list due to his development to date. However, I view some of the other prospects as having a higher potential once they mature. Thus my previous votes for Steel, Terry, and Larsson. If I were voting on current development my list would be different, and Pettersson would be higher due to his play at the end of last season.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
This one's tough but I had to go with Jones purely on a NHL ready availability. Hopefully he can have a good year in San Diego and maybe get a few games up with the big club.

I think Comtois/Mahura have a higher upside no doubt. Jones will be a grinder and hopefully a more elite Ritchie type player.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I am voting based upon what I view at the top end potential of each prospect, not where they are now. I would agree that Pettersson is ahead of many of the other players on the list due to his development to date. However, I view some of the other prospects as having a higher potential once they mature. Thus my previous votes for Steel, Terry, and Larsson. If I were voting on current development my list would be different, and Pettersson would be higher due to his play at the end of last season.

Pettersson isn't without high-end potential, either. He's flown under the radar a bit, but both of our Swedish D prospects have good ceilings.

Reactions: Vipers31

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I still have strangely high hopes for Roy's development. At this point have him above Larsson even, although most likely only because I've seen essentially nothing at all from the latter. Definitely above both Mahura and Lundeström.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
kossila will be slept on

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This one's tough but I had to go with Jones purely on a NHL ready availability. Hopefully he can have a good year in San Diego and maybe get a few games up with the big club.

I think Comtois/Mahura have a higher upside no doubt. Jones will be a grinder and hopefully a more elite Ritchie type player.

At this point we will be lucky if Jones is as good as Ritchie is currently. Ritchie was a significantly better and more well rounded offensive player at the same age as Jones.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
At this point we will be lucky if Jones is as good as Ritchie is currently. Ritchie was a significantly better and more well rounded offensive player at the same age as Jones.

Ritchie also showed more willingness to work on the problem areas of his game.

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah it looks pretty good I don't think Max Jones will be in my top 10.

I'd have Mahura, Pettersson and Comtois for sure above him. I'm not giving up on him whenever I've watched him play I've liked him but these injuries just don't stop, some guys are just prone to them

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

What are you seeing in Jones to suggest he's our most NHL ready prospect, size? I'm not seeing it, he struggled to find consistency in junior, needs time. Comtois has the same physicality but plays a smarter game.

kossila will be slept on

Undersized 25 year old college FA signings don't tend to sit on top of prospect rankings. He won't he slept on but merely ranked appropriately as a mildly interesting wild card and not one of our true top prospects.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
What are you seeing in Jones to suggest he's our most NHL ready prospect, size? I'm not seeing it, he struggled to find consistency in junior, needs time. Comtois has the same physicality but plays a smarter game.

His size and skating. Sure there are things he needs to be more disciplined with but I think his tangibles are the most NHL ready of the group. I'm not saying he's going to be a more skilled player than Comtois or some of our other prospects, but IMO he'll be ready after a year in SD and maybe a few games with the big club this year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Picked Lundestrom.

Already playing in one of the best leagues in the world. Has showed himself very well in junior championships

Reactions: Getz2perry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad