• Matthew Berkovitz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Vote using any whatever criteria you'd like. Only prospects that are eligible under HF's prospect criteria (less than 65 games played before 24th birthday, or 45 for goalies) will be eligible for this poll.

Antoine Morand is the winner of the ninth poll and is our #9 ranked prospect to enter the season!

For this poll, I'm voting for Benoit-Oliver Groulx.

This year's rankings:

1. Sam Steel +1
2. Troy Terry +4
3. Jacob Larsson -
4. Josh Mahura +3
5. Isac Lundestrom UR
6. Maxime Comtois +2
7. Marcus Pettersson +2
8. Max Jones -4
9. Antoine Morand +1

Last year's rankings:

1. Montour
2. Steel
3. Larsson
4. Jones
5. Kase
6. Terry
7. Mahura
8. Comtois
9. Pettersson
10. Morand
11. Kerdiles
12. Nattinen
13. Welinski
14. Megna
15. Kossila
16. Roy
17. Kopacka
18. Badini
19. Sorensen
20. Gates Jr.
21. Eriksson Ek
22. Sideroff
23. Soy
24. Dostie
25. Fiore

Notable Graduates/Departures:

Montour
Kase
Kerdiles
Soy
Megna

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ive just added everyone who I think is worth adding. Unless anyone responds to this with someone they want added, I’m done adding prospects to this poll.

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Welinski has a history of second year success, and it wouldn't surprise me if he sticks. With NHL ice time this sleeper may step right up.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Whats everyones knock on Kossila? Seems to be improving every year.
He’s 25 and done nothing in the NHL. He’s reached the point where most people start to write him off in favor of younger players who have a higher chance at being productive NHL players. Personally, I wouldn’t go for him until the 20s.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He’s 25 and done nothing in the NHL. He’s reached the point where most people start to right him off in favor of younger players who have a higher chance at being productive NHL players. Personally, I wouldn’t go for him until the 20s.
He played with the likes of boll and shaw and whoever else we had plugging it up, rakell wouldn't produce with those cones

teemussalami1

Mar 16, 2017
He’s 25 and done nothing in the NHL. He’s reached the point where most people start to right him off in favor of younger players who have a higher chance at being productive NHL players. Personally, I wouldn’t go for him until the 20s.

Guess we don't see eye to eye but I would still consider him a prospect. At least for this season. He played one game two years ago and ten this year after going pro two years ago. Could be a make or break year for him. I still see some upside though.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Guess we don't see eye to eye but I would still consider him a prospect. At least for this season. He played one game two years ago and ten this year after going pro two years ago. Could be a make or break year for him. I still see some upside though.
I do agree that he hasn’t been given a fair enough look and that he can be NHL caliber, I just don’t think he has the same upside as a lot of the guys still left in this poll.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He played with the likes of boll and shaw and whoever else we had plugging it up, rakell wouldn't produce with those cones

He didn’t play a second with Boll. He played up and down the lineup with minutes spread across a number of linemates. Ritchie, Shaw, Roy, Cogliano, Silfverberg and Perry were his most common forward linemates.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't think Kossila could be more than a 4th line center in the NHL. I hope he proves me wrong. Either way it is about time for a breakthrough. Same with Welinski who I voted in this one.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Your over defense of this prospect is taking you to some weird places. You do realize that linemate combinations can be looked up, and that Boll and Kossila literally never played together at all?

To be fair, he may have never played with Boll but he did have at least one game where his wingers were Liambas and Holzer.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To be fair, he may have never played with Boll but he did have at least one game where his wingers were Liambas and Holzer.

He also had a game where he started on the top line between Rakell and Perry.

I'm just not going to accept "he only played with likes of Boll and Shaw" as an excuse when it's completely untrue.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kossila should have gotten more of a shot last season, for sure. The point still remains that he is flat out running out of time. These days if you aren’t an NHL regular by 25, your chances of succeeding start dropping really quick

To be honest, I’d have Roy ahead of him. Roy wasn’t perfect but he showed a scoring touch in the NHL last season

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Alright, now it's getting interesting. After my vote there were 3 players in the 7-8 vote range. Nice!

Roy for me. I think he's close to being a nice middle 6 scorer for us.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
Kossila has only played 12 NHL games and has only been pro for two years. I still think it's a little early to not call him a prospect. I realize he's 25 but he has continued to improve during his time in the AHL so it will be interesting to see if he follows that same curve this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad