OT: 2018 Phillies Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The rise of Eflin!

Probably have to do that. This team can't develop hitters.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd say no, without an extension, I don't want Machado.
Too expensive as a rental, and if he can't get Baltimore to .500, he's not getting us to the WS.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There's was a lady on MLBN this morning saying that if the Orioles offered a deal for Manny that involved Eflin, the phillies would say no
Machado's not going to return much. Baltimore waited too long.

Eflin is their 2nd best pitcher right now. They really can't afford to trade him.

Reactions: Cody Webster

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
I'd say no, without an extension, I don't want Machado.
Too expensive as a rental, and if he can't get Baltimore to .500, he's not getting us to the WS.

I agree with the first part...unless the Phillies can swindle the O's.

The 2nd part is nonsense, this isn't basketball where LeBron James can make the Cavs team a perennial contender.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
We can only hope this carries over to hockey next season, they’re due to suck soon with all their luck. The Phils killing their joke of a baseball squad is simply par for the course. Unreal they think theyre a better city, simply unreal. Philly has so much more to offer than that wasteland.

Remember when the Eagles **** on the Steelers and won the super bowl the next year? Philly Philly! Remember then Joel Embiid **** on their... oh wait, they don’t have a basketball team!!

Philly Philly.

Reactions: Jray42 and Rebels57

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sounds like it's going to be Drew Anderson getting the call to replace VV. Should have been Enyel De Los Santos, I know he's not on the 40 but he's having a great year and might as well see what he can do since he has to be added to the 40 before the rule 5 draft I believe. I like Anderson but really want to see what EDLS can do.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If they don't get Machado, I wouldn't waste time trading any top prospects cause without a great bat like Machado I can't see them winning playoff games, the offense is just so inconsistent.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Good win. Last three games have all been good wins.

This team is inconsistent, but a hot team can win in the playoffs (if they heat up at the right time). Also, bullpen is a heart attack

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Phillies are 2nd to last in hits, but 2nd best in walks. I guess pitching does a lot of this team. And thank god we have it (mostly). And the 4th most strikeouts. 5th worst batting average. 10th in OBP. Almost everything else for hitting is the middle of the pack.

For pitching, tied for 6th in saves. Near the bottom in HRs given up. Tied for 7th for strikeouts. 12th in WHIP.

It's kind of amazing that they are where they are.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They lead the all of baseball in BB rate and are one of the best baserunning teams by the numbers.

Pitching wise:
5th in FIP. 4th in xFIP. 6th in K rate. 8th in BB rate.

They grade out at or near the bottom in the fielding metrics.

Fangraphs still gives Washington the best odds to win the division and the Phillies less than a 50% chance to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad