Grading McCann

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Grading Jared McCann
8477955.jpg

Another B for me for improving from the previous year and working well with who he was with whenever he was given ice time and like many other teammates, he could also definitely still improve even more. Good defensively. I had a close eye on him, as he did come for a fighting fan favorite, but so far he's passed by my critical eye.

@adam graves @Catsfan7 @pb1300 @Chino Oscar @CaptainScrewy @Dread Clawz @PanthersHockey1 @BeezKnees @Kellyr @Matthias Nation@Deadmaus @IM Clutcm @Jean Luc Discard @ZamBroni @Ryeram @Optimus Reim @skitsofrantic911 @PC76 @patthebat @HeroGreed@Pragmatic Panther @BabyBarkov @Mogo @CatscratchFever @Haj @Clint @Chaos2k7 @harv3317 @Ghoste @pantherbot @Great8Cam @ShootIt@RainingRats@FloriDada @Olax @16Skippy @gizmo12688 @Skeletorrr @iam76 @5 Hole @PSLguy @ucanthanzalthetruth @klabob @FlaPanthers11@EnforceTheLaus@I am not exposed @Kilipukki @Little Bobby Boo @Warrn @goCatsgo4 @sashalaine @jvr32 @Sportpsych90 @RunAndGun@letsgrowcactus@Dnigly13 @galaktx @ScottyMascotty @Beach Reptil @drktmplr12 @matmeshow @Gaebriel @flapanthersfan @Pumaconcolorcoryi@SwissLeaf@Aksu @MPGA @Piglet @GermanPanther @Jakeybonz @CanadianPantherFan @SoupyFIN @Beezer @zeroG @batting1k @Desert Panther@PantherboyHTR @Panthers Rock @FlaPnthrsPunk @angry_treefrog @JonathanHuberdoh @flapanthersfan @Beezeral @The Underboss@BB88@ThePatientPanther @IceManCat @Vilam @Kid Icarus @Dabeast @Handlethepasses @Ekblast @vendetta @Matheson4Prez@Sparkman112@Thewselius @juggernaut @Android 16 @jakethesnake23 @spacemanatee @Egblad @Erased @HockeyRulez @Holy Jokinen@Shockley @Aksu@barkovcanfinnish @AwesomePanthers @ursavolta @flomarilius @Rahooji @WESEERED @panthertod @Panteras @ratmanfu@cowboy82nd@Brokin @JP Mick @MillarWithASave @Benched

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think he’s still a C+ rather than a B-.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Felt that he performed at a C- to C+ the majority of the year. He was an A+ the first 5 games and the last 6-ish.

C overall. Terrible faceoff guy though.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
For me, this is the most interesting forward on our roster going into next season. As a 3C, if he's putting up 30-40 points, while being solid defensively and contributing on PK, that's pretty darn good. This is a guy I'd like to see get molded into a 3C similar to how Kadri was/is in Toronto. Kadri really started contributing at age 22, so I have high hopes for this guy next season as he's around that age. I don't know that he'll ever score 30 goals in a season like Kadri, but even if he can turn into a guy that can be relied on for around 40 points, that would be ideal as a 3C.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
For me I just don't see what is there. I was more impressed with Borg's handful of games vs McCann all year.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This is the issue.
The fourth line of Haley-MacKenzie-Sceviour has been discussed many times, but look at the third line.

Given that we had McCann as 3C for most of the season, I looked at his most frequent line combinations:
McGinn-McCann-Mamin (10%)
McGinn-McCann-Vrbata (7%)
McGinn-McCann-Bjugstad (6%)
Brickey-McCann-Bjugstad (5%)
Brickey-McCann-Vrbata (5%)
McGinn-McCann-Malgin (4%)
Brickley-McCann-Mamin (4%)
MacKenzie-McCann-Sceviour (4%)
McGinn-McCann-Sceviour (3.4%)
<<<That's roughly 50% of the playing time, with a lot more schuffling in the remaining 50% since the 3rd line was by far the one with most frequent changes.

And we're surprised we got no production from the bottom 6? Yeah....
thought this belonged here

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
He needs to be moved to wing. He's atrocious in the faceoff dot. Otherwise he has plenty of room to develop into a two-way middle-six forward. If he can be a 30-40 point guy for a few years while playing at least average defensive hockey I'd call it a win.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
For me I just don't see what is there. I was more impressed with Borg's handful of games vs McCann all year.

giphy.gif

He's going to break out this year! Heard it here first.

Maybe he has to be moved to wing if Borg impresses in TC.

The competition is going to be fierce between McGinn, McCann, Malgin, Vatrano and Borg. Add Mamin to the mix also.

Hoping that the third line will be a strength this year.

Reactions: JP Mick

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
B.

He had a decent season overall. I'm expecting a better season out of him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00