Grading MacKenzie

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Grading Derek MacKenzie
8468001.jpg

I like him, and I value him a lot for what he's done for us. Going forward, and at his age, it's going to take a lot to prove to me that he isn't taking up a valuable roster spot over a younger player to fill his role of all he's supposed to bring to the table.

@adam graves @Catsfan7 @pb1300 @Chino Oscar @CaptainScrewy @Dread Clawz @PanthersHockey1 @BeezKnees @Kellyr @Matthias Nation@Deadmaus @IM Clutcm @Jean Luc Discard @ZamBroni @Ryeram @Optimus Reim @skitsofrantic911@PC76@patthebat@HeroGreed@Pragmatic Panther @BabyBarkov @Mogo @CatscratchFever @Haj @Clint @Chaos2k7 @harv3317 @Ghoste@pantherbot@Great8Cam@ShootIt@RainingRats@FloriDada @Olax @16Skippy @gizmo12688 @Skeletorrr @iam76 @5 Hole @PSLguy@ucanthanzalthetruth@klabob @FlaPanthers11 @EnforceTheLaus @I am not exposed @Kilipukki @Little Bobby Boo @Warrn @goCatsgo4 @sashalaine@jvr32 @Sportpsych90 @RunAndGun @letsgrowcactus @Dnigly13 @galaktx @ScottyMascotty @Beach Reptil @drktmplr12 @matmeshow@Gaebriel@flapanthersfan @Pumaconcolorcoryi @SwissLeaf @Aksu @MPGA @Piglet @GermanPanther @Jakeybonz @CanadianPantherFan@SoupyFIN@Beezer @zeroG@batting1k @Desert Panther@PantherboyHTR @Panthers Rock @FlaPnthrsPunk @angry_treefrog @JonathanHuberdoh@flapanthersfan @Beezeral @The Underboss @BB88 @ThePatientPanther @IceManCat @Vilam @Kid Icarus @Dabeast @Handlethepasses @Ekblast@vendetta @Matheson4Prez @Sparkman112 @Thewselius @juggernaut @Android 16 @spacemanatee @Egblad @Erased @HockeyRulez @Holy Jokinen @jakethesnake23 @Shockley @Aksu @barkovcanfinnish @AwesomePanthers @ursavolta @flomarilius @Rahooji @WESEERED @panthertod@Panteras@ratmanfu @cowboy82nd@Brokin @JP Mick @MillarWithASave @Bure1096

peterbiz09

Jun 24, 2012
Miami, FL
I like the idea of him being a leader and a "locker room guy" but the team needs to move on. He's blocking a lot of our younger players who are ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
F, he is not an NHL caliber player anymore. He's probably a great guy, he has a lot of heart and gives all he has, but it's not good enough anymore.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Has heart in spades, but as a player he should've been done last season. Hopefully he hands over the C to someone younger (Tro) and doesn't play nearly as much.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
C because he’s decent on the PK, and somewhat ok on defense. I totally agree he sucks on offense.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
his beard is a solid A.. hockey? F

i guess that makes a C.

for real his time has come and gone and the fact that he played as much as he did in the AHL and still made it to the big stage shows how determined and disciplined he must be. heart player, we need more like him-only better at hockey and younger.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Voted F unfortunately. It baffles the mind how the coaching staff and front office allow him to touch the ice surface as much as he has.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He was that bad because he got old.
While he didnt score many goals, he sure wasn't a detriment by any means. Once he is a problem as quite a few players have been in the past, I'll see it.

I understand that people hate on him. I don't understand why.

Either way, as I said in op, he's still gonna have to prove hes worth of a spot over someone who can do what he does at almost half the age. If nobody can right now, he's fine at 4C until we find someone who does.

Reactions: IceManCat

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
While he didnt score many goals, he sure wasn't a detriment by any means. Once he is a problem as quite a few players have been in the past, I'll see it.

I understand that people hate on him. I don't understand why.

Either way, as I said in op, he's still gonna have to prove hes worth of a spot over someone who can do what he does at almost half the age. If nobody can right now, he's fine at 4C until we find someone who does.

Getting hemmed in every shift and providing little to no offense isnt a detriment?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Getting hemmed in every shift and providing little to no offense isnt a detriment?
I mean I see that to be a bit harsh LOL

His production was pretty much on par and no offense- Haley and MacKenzie together on the ice is more of a cynderblock combination of a detriment defensively than those two individuals would be with some foot speed next to em.

And he was solid enough down the stretch to turn his season away from being a failure I though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad