2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I mean, thinking clearly for a second...ROR is 27 at 7.5m/yr. Simmonds is 29 and probably will command like 6.5m/yr.

ROR is good for what? 10-15 more points than Simmonds?

Not seeing all that big a deal with acquiring ROR, honestly. Certainly not seeing "3rd OV" value.

But with O'Reilly, it's also his two-way game. As was previously posted, lining up Couturier against Crosby and O'Reilly against Malkin, for example, would offer an advantage for the Flyers to be able to send Patrick out against the Penguins' 3rd/4th lines. It also frees up Couturier and/or O'Reilly to PK, addressing an area of glaring need.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
But with O'Reilly, it's also his two-way game. As was previously posted, lining up Couturier against Crosby and O'Reilly against Malkin, for example, would offer an advantage for the Flyers to be able to send Patrick out against the Penguins' 3rd/4th lines. It also frees up Couturier and/or O'Reilly to PK, addressing an area of glaring need.

Yeah, what achdumeingute posted.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost isn't going to be our 3rd line center, hes just not going to be ready, nor should we try to FORCE him into that. Having a "ROR" allows Frost to wing, or 4th line center, ect, but no pressure. Frost (or other prospects) get additional time to develop, the center position is covered on this team for 5 seasons.

Why won't Frost be our 3C in 2019-20?
Forget his draft position, coming off last year's performance he's a top ten draft pick talent - remember, he was a late birthday so he played the entire season at 18 years old.
Two years in juniors post-draft is more than enough time to polish his game and mature physically, and 3C isn't that demanding compared to say Nico at 1C.

Frost's skill package is better suited to center, whereas Reilly might be more effective at LW.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Anderson's contract will be a 35+ one, so no real cap relief if he's bought out or sent to the minors.

If a player signs a multi-year contract and is age 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to the year of the effective contract), the players individual cap hit counts against the teams cap hit regardless of whether, or where, the player is active. However, there is one circumstance in which there is a cap hit reduction, a team will receive a $100,000 relief off of the teams salary cap hit, if a player is playing in the minor leagues after the first year of their contract.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

134b58c853b6083a69ca519eb6e3f1ae.jpg

the source aside, I would make a hockey trade for the right player for Simmer.
Who that player is? I dont know right now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd also point out that ROR, at age 20, put up 40 ES points while coming in 14th in Selke voting.
Patrick is more talented than ROR, so why are people convinced he can't play at a similar level or better next season?
Patrick should be an excellent defensive center once he adds strength this summer, he has the size, skating and hockey IQ to excel in that role.

Reactions: Jtown

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I wouldn't be upset with a deal around Fox. I thought he was fantastic at the WJC. He is a really good defenseman who should play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad