GDT: 2018 NHL Rookie Showdown (Sept. 7th-9th @ Place Bell)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why are we bringing Chase Stewart back? He was by far the worst player in the rookie development camp, yet because he’s got a “mean streak”, that warrants him getting an extended look? :help:
Because there are still a number of A-Holes in the AHL who would might want to make a name for themselves by taking out a very good player or two. Even in today's game it makes since to have a deterrent around to prevent it or avenge it. I was at the development camp & he was fine & better than I thought he would be & was not the worse player there. He is what he is, a 3rd pairing 6th or 7th defensive defenceman who plays with an edge, makes big hits when he can, clears the front of the net & defends his teammates. There were a few guys who looked worse IMO.

Reactions: dany milkbag

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Senators Rookie Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Filip Gustavsson; Jordan Hollett; Kevin Mandolese.

Defencemen: Jonathan Aspirot; Charles-Edouard D’Astous; Macoy Erkamps; Christian Jaros; Maxime Lajoie; Brady Lyle; Nicolas Mattinen; Chase Stewart; Christian Wolanin.

Forwards: Drake Batherson; Logan Brown; Luka Burzan; Filip Chlapik; Alex Formenton; Parker Kelly; Boston Leier; Aaron Luchuk; Robert Lynch; Gregor MacLeod; Ryan Scarfo; Jordan Stallard; Andrew Sturtz; Brady Tkachuk; Colin White.

hummm, where's Hogberg?

EDIT: did not see the "2018 NHL Rookie Showdown (Sept. 7th-9th @ Place Bell)" thread until after creating this one ....... merge or delete if you choose)

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Senators Rookie Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Filip Gustavsson; Jordan Hollett; Kevin Mandolese.

Defencemen: Jonathan Aspirot; Charles-Edouard D’Astous; Macoy Erkamps; Christian Jaros; Maxime Lajoie; Brady Lyle; Nicolas Mattinen; Chase Stewart; Christian Wolanin.

Forwards: Drake Batherson; Logan Brown; Luka Burzan; Filip Chlapik; Alex Formenton; Parker Kelly; Boston Leier; Aaron Luchuk; Robert Lynch; Gregor MacLeod; Ryan Scarfo; Jordan Stallard; Andrew Sturtz; Brady Tkachuk; Colin White.

hummm, where's Hogberg?
The forwards, my god there is some juice there...The defense ...my god we need help

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The forwards, my god there is some juice there...The defense ...my god we need help

That defense is missing Tychonik and JBD as they have their school starting, and technically Lajoie is only 20 and could have attended this tournament as well.

Our defense prospects/ young guys is actually pretty decent.

Chabot
Wolanin
Jaros
Tychonik
JBD
Lajoie

Sens doing some prospect profiles for this tournament.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That defense is missing Tychonik and JBD as they have their school starting, and technically Lajoie is only 20 and could have attended this tournament as well.

Our defense prospects/ young guys is actually pretty decent.

Chabot
Wolanin
Jaros
Tychonik
JBD
Lajoie

Sens doing some prospect profiles for this tournament.

Oh for sure,but that list is pretty telling without those two kids...We should be able to score in that tourney ,keeping them out well...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Unlike others I think they should have a very good roster going into this tournament on offence & on defence, afterall it's a rookie tournament not quite the level of the NHL or AHL just yet.

Leier - Brown - Sturtz
Luchuk - Chlapik - Macleod
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Formenton - Burzan - Lynch
Kelly - Stallard - Scarfo

Wolanin - Jaros - could be a very good future tandem
Lajoie - Erkamps - Lajoie is an excellent PMD & played big minutes in Belleville.
D'Astous - Lyle - D'Astous could be a very good player & could earn a PTO.
Aspirot - Stewart/Martinen

Gustavsson - Hollett/Mandolese - should have decent goaltending too.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hogwild! I hope he did not waste all that money on a mask for no reason...

Man, Dave Gunnarson is so good at mask art. I can't think of the last time I saw an NHL/IIHF-tier mask of his that I didn't like.

I can't wait to see what he does with Filip Gustavsson's new mask this year.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I’ll try and post a review of the game against the Leafs on Saturday.

Hopefully the boys bury them and Brown/Tkachuk/White/Formenton/Batherson/Docker/Tychonik all get goals :naughty:

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I’ll try and post a review of the game against the Leafs on Saturday.

Hopefully the boys bury them and Brown/Tkachuk/White/Formenton/Batherson/Docker/Tychonik all get goals :naughty:

NCAA guys aren't eligible for the rookie camp.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Any chance we get anything out of Erkamps? I remember being fairly high on him once...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad