• WASH - Reirden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So as expected Trotz takes 4 after getting edged out by Laviolette for 3. Bit of a drop off now, looking at guys like Coach Q in Chicago with a TREMENDOUS track record or Cassidy in Boston who has flipped that team around pretty darn quickly and clearly in one of the top groups next year

Just remember, please vote for who you think is the next best coach, not necessarily just the coach for your favourite hockey team. I cant stress that enough

1 LAS Gallant 28% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-head-coach-rankings-1.2515915/
2 PITTS Sullivan 34% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-head-coach-rankings-2.2516729/#post-148107477
3 NASH Laviolette 35% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-head-coach-rankings-3.2517245/
4 Trotz - NYI 41% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-head-coach-rankings-4.2517701/

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Oh I forgot about the little writeups you always do after someone wins a poll. Excited to see it after the first one you disagree with :popcorn:
Just vote for one option pal, I just provide the options and introduce EACH poll :shakehead

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Quenneville's been pretty awful lately, a few years ago I'd have voted for him but I really have no choice but to vote for Babcock.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Say what you want about Babcock, but he was a huge part of turning the leafs around over the last 3 years and establishing a winning attitude.

He also deserves tons of credit in the development of Nazem Kadri, And Morgan Rielly.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The Jets defensive system right now is beautiful. Not sure if it’s Maurice’s doing or not but he gets my vote.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Say what you want about Babcock, but he was a huge part of turning the leafs around over the last 3 years and establishing a winning attitude.

He also deserves tons of credit in the development of Nazem Kadri, And Morgan Rielly.

Winning what? They haven’t won a playoff series. Being an above average team in the regular season doesn’t mean much.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Winning what? They haven’t won a playoff series. Being an above average team in the regular season doesn’t mean much.
Man why all the negativity,

The team finished last place 2 seasons ago, and made the playoffs the next season. This past season they had 105 pts and pushed the Bruins to 7 games after having a brutal start to the season.

This is a young team we are talking about lead by a bunch of players in their low 20’s who are just scratching the surface and learning how to win & lose in this league

What Babcock has done with the team has been very respectable, and while they have yet to win a playoff series they are on their way to doing so without a doubt even if it’s not this season

Babcock has been a huge part of bringing the team together, and easing his players into the league, showing tough love when needed to drill in the idea of hard work and effort over skill which is crucial developmentally to young guys like Marner and Nylander specifically and he’s helped make the room a “safer place” and helping players block out the so called white noise which under previous coaches was a big issue in Toronto

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Man why all the negativity,

The team finished last place 2 seasons ago, and made the playoffs the next season. This past season they had 105 pts and pushed the Bruins to 7 games after having a brutal start to the season.

This is a young team we are talking about lead by a bunch of players in their low 20’s who are just scratching the surface and learning how to win & lose in this league

What Babcock has done with the team has been very respectable, and while they have yet to win a playoff series they are on their way to doing so without a doubt even if it’s not this season

Babcock has been a huge part of bringing the team together, and easing his players into the league, showing tough love when needed to drill in the idea of hard work and effort over skill which is crucial developmentally to young guys like Marner and Nylander specifically and he’s helped make the room a “safer place” and helping players block out the so called white noise which under previous coaches was a big issue in Toronto

I just don’t think that’s that much of an acchievenent yet. Maybe because I saw the Wings make the playoffs every year for a long time so to me that doesn’t mean much. I think Toronto has a great future but let’s wait until they win something important like a playoff series or two before really giving Babcock credit. He’s a good coach but the same Wings team made the playoffs the next year with a far worse coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad