• VAN - Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WASH - Reirden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Gets pretty tough now. Honestly the rest of the list isn't that impressive. Lots of unproven coaches, with a dash of "meh" thrown in.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
What happened to Julien? He was top 5 just 2 years ago.

Oh yeah, just realized he was hired by the Habs. That's worth a 10 spots drop at least.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
What happened to Julien? He was top 5 just 2 years ago.

Oh yeah, just realized he was hired by the Habs. That's worth a 10 spots drop at least.

I mean youre right in that his fall from grace coincided with going to the habs, but its because his tenure has been a tire fire, not due to the bias you clearly implied. Granted he hasnt had alot to work with but between this and boston performing so well with Cassidy...well youre just complaining for the hell of it.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
So what you are all saying is that Julien stopped being a good coach after he had a worse team to work with? Ok.

2 years ago, if someone said that Maurice would be considered a better coach than Julien, he would have been a laughing stock. I didn't know this could fluctuate that much.

In other words, this poll is not about coaches. It's about the team they are coaching. Send Julien to Winnipeg and Maurice to Montreal and see who's the better coach.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
So what you are all saying is that Julien stopped being a good coach after he had a worse team to work with? Ok.

2 years ago, if someone said that Maurice would be considered a better coach than Julien, he would have been a laughing stock. I didn't know this could fluctuate that much.

In other words, this poll is not about coaches. It's about the team they are coaching. Send Julien to Winnipeg and Maurice to Montreal and see who's the better coach.

You should probably just not talk about coaching then because we cant engage in a discussion at all if your going to do this. Its a fair point, and its hard to really evaluate coaches based on this, what would Dallas Eakins have won with the 80's Oilers? Scotty Bowman with the 2010 Oilers? If you want to rank coaches you just need to accept and move past this.

I'm not sure why I'm replying again since you have still not put forward an argument FOR Julien, you just try to discredit any date available here in real life:
-Current team sucks, performed better with a coach currently out of the league before him
-Former team improved without him
-Threw in the towel on Galchenyuk like his former coach, Drouin also didn't see many improvements in his game, not alot of work with young players to rally around(going back to his Boston days)
-Coaches a style that could be argued to be outdated
-Was ranked higher when he was with the Bruins, but had already started falling off near the end of his tenure then got fired.

I like Julien, but there is an argument for his drop, is there an argument against it? If you have one I'd love to hear it.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

^^ I mean, this guy is right.

Maurice finally has a good season with a loaded roster and now he’s a top 10 coach? Lol, he sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad