2018 NHL GM Rankings #4

4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So the Chevy in Winnipeg cleans up #3 pretty easy with the Ford from Pittsburgh the closest runner up. Chevy doing some great drafting, singings and trades for the Jets lets see if they can get to the next level next season. Anyways 4 is NEXT

1 TB Yzerman 47% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-gm-rankings-1.2535123/
2 NASH Poile 52% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-gm-rankings-2.2535699/
3 WINN Cheveldayoff 33% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-gm-rankings-3.2536035/

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'd say Bowman - managed to keep Chicago as a contender for longer than they should have been

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
McPhee built a team that went to the SCF out of players that other teams didn't even want. Rutherford came into a team with two top 5 centers in the league, was gifted a PPG winger for basically nothing, and still had to rely on incredible goaltending to win his cups with Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Reactions: snipetype

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I'd say Bowman - managed to keep Chicago as a contender for longer than they should have been

Bowman was underrated but I’m not sure I agree, I think they could’ve been contenders for longer had they not traded Panarin, not extens Seabrook etc. but with the regression of Keith they have most certainly reached the end for sure now but they should’ve have made more noise the past few years since their last cup.

I don’t think Kane has a shot at winning another cup while he is still good but 3 cups ain’t too shabby so it’s not like anything is missing from his trophy case.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Nice to see all of the Leaf fans voting Dubas. How many cups does he have?
I wouldn’t trade dubas for any of the other guys listed. I like him and although I can't vote i'd have him as my choice. Does he have enough of a track record to be top 5? No. But who the hell are you to tell me whom I can or cannot vote for?

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Dubas literally signed Taveres and now he's a top 5 GM? No question JT had his sights on the place where he grew up and probably would've signed regardless of who the GM was at the time.

Army got the steal of the draft at 26 when he traded up with the leafs. Last time the Blues selected in the top 20 was 2010 here they took Schwartz and Tarasenko at 14 & 16. They still built a top teams/top pipeline selecting 20th overall or lower for the past 8 years while transitioning cores without rebuilding.

Last edited:

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Lots of good options with McPhee, Armstrong, Rutherford. And I think Chayka should get consideration soon.

Went with Rutherford.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Voted Maclellan. Has constantly been a contender and has added some key pieces while letting some other pieces go. Won the cup as well, which is the ultimate end game.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't understand this way of thinking. They were a contender for how long? 6 years in total?

I see people say it all the time too, people act like they've been contending for 20 years. It's not even that long of a streak. When you have a handful of elite players like Chicago has it's not that hard to stay good for that time frame. Other teams have been contending for a lot longer, even if they haven't won as many Cups. Bowman gets way overrated, the only thing he's done in recent memory is tear the team down.

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
Th
How many does Poile/Yzerman (as GM)/Chevy have. Clown post.
They have made big moves that have turned their respective teams into contender so your point is void, Dubas has been GM for four months and he is already one of the best GMs in the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad