Post-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, Carolina's in an awkward spot. Since they won the lottery to jump up to #2, they don't really have an asset to contend with the other Grubauer suitors. Their 2nd isn't until 42, which puts them in an unfavorable position compared to Buffalo, Detroit, and the Islanders even if Grubby's value falls to a 2nd rounder. They could perhaps bundle a prospect like Zykov or Foegele with 42 to make an offer, but I think I would rather take a 1st rounder if someone is offering it.

If they land Skinner, suddenly they may have the ability to make a more appealing play for Grubby.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Normally this time of year I've checked out due to disappointment and don't know who we drafted until end of summer. Times have changed!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That's that. Now to whether they'll attempt to move up. I say no due to the depth but we'll see how it plays out. If someone slides...

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!! Now have Carlson announce the 31st overall and his new contract with new head coach Todd Reirden :D

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Disappointing relative to expectations, but OK. So much for Orpik having positive value, but clearly it wasn't very negative either.

Forgoing more arguments over what should be done with Orpik is a nice added bonus.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
And signed Orpik to a 5 year extension a 5.7 per and say his veteran leadership and intangibles make it a steal at only a 200k pay raise.
We wouldn't have Orpik. We would would have guys like Tyler Sloan.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Caps have a little ammunition to move up in 1st if they wish.
Kind of feel like given the depth in the late 1st early second we might be better served to draft some super talented players and hope that 2 of the 3 turn out. With the picks we have I'd be all over grabbing Merkley and his "attitude".

Reactions: bags92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad