2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I've been watching highlights videos lately and I really loved what I saw of Boqvist and Hughes.

I love their speed, IQ and foot work.

Not sure who I'd pick between the two tho.
Since our coaching staff is filled with idiots, Boqvist.

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
This is not the first time I've seen all of these players.

Hey, I am sure you have seen them before! Quite likely they may have stunk the arena out those times - however, I thought they (and most everyone else) did reasonably well this game, considering the outstanding American team and the results on the large ice.
If I recall Mcbain looked not that great at first at Hlinka, then really found a groove. If he gets moved to center, I suspect he'll look more comfortable (maybe he'll stay on LW though?). Bahl, at 6' 6", is still growing into that size, which is probably why he's ranked at least a B by central scouting. Same goes with Samuelssons - in fact, overall I wonder if the young big guys suffer a bit on the really big ice (all four of the dogs are over 6'3"), while the zippy players who have grown into their size far sooner can whip around - must be fun for them! If I'm Farabee, I'm chomping at the bit.

Anyhow, we'll see how things go - hopefully a Canada-US final

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is K'antPlay Miller even dressed for this game? Where is he?

He's sitting on the bench with all his tools looking for a tool box.

Bode Wilde reminds me of Eller. This is the fifth time in two games where he circled the offensive zone with the puck and did nothing with it.

Wahlstrom with a sexy pass in his own zone. Found some open ice but didn't receive the pass. Then he shows where he needs to be coached. Comes in and doesn't get his body on the wall to create a turnover. I think if he learns to use his body a bit more, he will be even more ridiculous.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Farabee flashing a great shot there. Do that a couple more times and I will move him up my list because that's my only concern with him.

In other news. Mattias Samuelsson continues to blow humongous chunks.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Just finished watching Russia's game yesterday.

Russians just too fast, too skilled, too stronk. Marchenko manhandled some french bois all night, was the best player on the ice. Morozov made it look easy and Iskhakov was his usual self (until he got injured and left at some point).

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just finished watching Russia's game yesterday.

Russians just too fast, too skilled, too stronk. Marchenko manhandled some french bois all night, was the best player on the ice. Morozov made it look easy and Iskhakov was his usual self (until he got injured and left at some point).

How many pts did Iskhakov and Morozov have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad