2018 NHL Draft - Sleepers and Steals (Blog)

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
Sorry for the self-promotion, but I wrote a blog not too long ago about the NHL Draft and some under the radar picks that teams made good on, in my estimation. Looking for some feedback, and feel free to check out the rest of the site as well. My friends and I started it up not too long ago and are looking to make a dent in the podcast/blogging world. Thanks!

A Look Back at the 2018 NHL Draft (Sleepers and Steals) By Matt Green

EDIT: I know I made one mistake - saying the Pens won in '15 and '16 instead of '16 and '17, but oh well. It was late at night when I typed it, so I guess that's kind of an excuse? That's hardly the point of the blog, though. My buddy owns the site and didn't bother with an edit, so felt like I should own up to it in case someone notices. Feel free to take a gander. I admit that some of it may be a little grandiose, in terms of language, but that's something I aim to work on as I write more of these.

Last edited:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Great work!

I do however disagree w. Wise being a steal or sleeper. I think he was drafted exactlty where he should have been maybe even a little bit too early. His skating will be his downfall. Its the new NHL and he just wont be able to keep up.

Also dont like Durzi. Im not sold he has turned the corner with his off ice issues. 1 dimensional player and as mentioned this was his 2nd yr of draft elegibility.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Interesting write up on Fortier. Happy to see we may have a potential NHLer from this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad