NFL: 2018 NFL draft prospects thread

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Any somewhat bold predictions for this draft?

I'll go with a few:

- RB Ronald Jones doesn't go in the first two rounds
- Minkah Fitzpatrick is the "slider" of the first round
- Da'Ron Payne & Maurice Hurst both don't go in the first round
- Giants take Bradley Chubb

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Any somewhat bold predictions for this draft?

I'll go with a few:

- RB Ronald Jones doesn't go in the first two rounds
- Minkah Fitzpatrick is the "slider" of the first round
- Da'Ron Payne & Maurice Hurst both don't go in the first round
- Giants take Bradley Chubb

Nick Chubb gets drafted before Michel.

6 trades Thursday night.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
My bold predictions.

-Arizona drafts Lamar Jackson
-Kolton Miller goes top 20.
-Minkah Fitzpatrick slips into the teens.
-Derrius Guice goes in the 1st.
-Calvin Ridley slides to the 2nd.
-Baker Mayfield goes #1.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
My guess is Edmunds, but yeah starting to look like one of the two goes at 6. Although, it weirds me out how obvious it seems, pretty much every indication the last week or two is the pick will be one of the linebackers.

It'll be Roquan to the Colts. He is a plug and play starter which the Colts need since the roster lacks talent at linebacker. Edmunds is a sub package guy to start with but eventual starter later in the year. Probably has the most upside of any player in the draft but patience is required.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It'll be Roquan to the Colts. He is a plug and play starter which the Colts need since the roster lacks talent at linebacker. Edmunds is a sub package guy to start with but eventual starter later in the year. Probably has the most upside of any player in the draft but patience is required.

I think the Colts are pretty fine with that though, Ballard's preached patience and I don't think getting a day 1 starter is necessary to him. He seems pretty focused on upside more than anything. There was also him being asked about Smith and immediately talking about Edmunds, which might be a smokescreen of some kind but also might be a subtle tell of what he's thinking.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
One thing teams need to realize with Edmunds is that he's not an edge rusher. Just because he has that type of frame doesn't mean he is. He's a stack LB with size, range and elite athleticism. He has average instincts but makes so many plays with strength and speed that he makes up for it.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Does it really matter? Other then Barkley, any non-QB player Cleveland wants will probably be there at 4th. Whereas if they trade out of 1st that's one more QB off the board when they pick 4th most likely. The idea of picking Barkley 1st just seems bad.

Rumblings Jets may want Mayfield as well. Smokescreen or real? Who knows.

It probably matters if they want Chubb, yes.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I still can’t believe that multiple teams think there are better QBs in this draft than Josh Rosen.

Until it actually happens and the likes of Allen and Darnold go first, I refuse to believe it happens.

Last edited:

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I'll say
-Barkley falls out of the top 10
-Patriots move up for a QB
-3 RBs in the first (Barkley, Guice, Michel)
-Taven Bryan goes ahead of Payne and Hurst

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Which broadcast is the one that tips picks, whether it's showing the prospect in the green room all smiles just before their name is announced, or someone just outright says "[Insert Team Here] is taking [Insert Prospect Here]"? I can't stand that shit, don't spoil the picks and let the f***ing viewing audience see/hear it for the first time.

So I want to watch whichever broadcast won't tip the picks.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Which broadcast is the one that tips picks, whether it's showing the prospect in the green room all smiles just before their name is announced, or someone just outright says "[Insert Team Here] is taking [Insert Prospect Here]"? I can't stand that ****, don't spoil the picks and let the ****ing viewing audience see/hear it for the first time.

So I want to watch whichever broadcast won't tip the picks.

i've watched NFL network in the past, they haven't spoiled picks to my recollection.

though there's also this

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
i've watched NFL network in the past, they haven't spoiled picks to my recollection.

I had thought that was the one...but I also could've swore Rapoport tips them...it might be that he does that on Twitter though (and I stay off Twitter once the draft starts).

Ok, so I'll try and find an NFL Network stream, or if I AM able to be home, just fire up the NFL Network App on my Xbox One X.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I had thought that was the one...but I also could've swore Rapoport tips them...it might be that he does that on Twitter though (and I stay off Twitter once the draft starts).

Ok, so I'll try and find an NFL Network stream, or if I AM able to be home, just fire up the NFL Network App on my Xbox One X.

he's rarely on that feed, he's not on the same table as the rest of the crew. usually the camera switches to so he can give inside info on why certain prospect is falling unexpectedly or if some team is wanting to trade up etc.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

though there's also this

If neither do the stupid thing of showing the prospect in the green room talking on the phone and smiling, obviously giving it away that they're about to have their name called, then that's even better--more options for me to choose from tomorrow.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Dbo4jgJU0AAIJkk.jpg

Another Josh Allen head scratcher. 80% is the threshold for completion % at or behind the LOS. Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson confirming the eye test. They didn't throw much at or behind the LOS. Neither did Allen but 76% is not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad