NHL Entry Draft: 2018 Mock Draft

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Here's my 2018 mock draft:

Buffalo: Dahlin (Obvious choice)

Carolina: Svechnikov (Also pretty obvious)

Montreal: Zadina (Clear BPA, replacement for Patches when he's traded)

Ottawa: Tkachuk (I have him at 9th in my ranking, but pretty sure Dorion will fall in love with him)

Arizona: Wahlstrom (Arguably the best shot in the draft. Would compliment Keller perfectly)

Detroit: Hughes (Michigan boy who could be a game breaker on defense, one of the wings biggest
needs.)

Vancouver: Dobson (Vancouver needs defense, and are apparently very high on Dobson)

Chicago: Boqvist (Clear BPA who I have a lot higher on my ranking. The hawks need a defenseman
with Keith and Seabrook on the decline)

New York: Kotkaniemi (A center that can also play both wings and posesses a great shot. Could play
with Chytil/Andersson for years to come)

Edmonton: Bouchard (A perfect fit for the oilers. A big RHD with a great shot and vision. Can quarterback a PP really well.)

Last edited:

dayner

May 23, 2017
Hughes is a Michigan boy so it just seems like thats who they give the edge to

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
So you're hoping that Bouchard drops to your team?

Doesn't every Oiler fan hope that one of Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes or Dobson falls to us? I do! The dark horses for me will be if a team decides to take Kotkaniemi or Ty Smith in the top 9, then one of the mentioned d-men could fall to the Oilers. Stupid Chia would probably still trade the damn pick anyway ! o_O

elitebottomsix

Feb 19, 2016
Zadina is not clear bpa at 3 imo. Wide open after 2 with a solid layer of 8 and could see the guys ranked 3-10 go anywhere in that space. Think the habs go dman or kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Zadina is not clear bpa at 3 imo. Wide open after 2 with a solid layer of 8 and could see the guys ranked 3-10 go anywhere in that space. Think the habs go dman or kotkaniemi.

Same can be said for Boqvist at 8 over Kotkaniemi and Bouchard... not clear BPA

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc

I do think Zadina is BPA at no.3 but I dont disagree that habs might skip on Zadina for Hughes or another foward. I could be wrong, but even though Kotkaniemi has risen alot in the rankings the past few months, I dont think they'll target him at no.3 and that's why many think that the Habs might trade down to between 7 to 10 to grab him.

There's also the rumors that Carolina might draft Zadina at no.2 so that he can play with fellow Czech Necas which would leave Svechnikov available at no.3 Highly unlikely that the Canes would do that but the theory is interesting

Im fine with Zadina at no.3 though, I think the Habs could draft him and afford to trade Pacioretty for a late 1st or prospects and a later pick.

scoutsystem

Jan 29, 2018
Canada
trackhockey.wordpress.com
I do think Zadina is BPA at no.3 but I dont disagree that habs might skip on Zadina for Hughes or another foward. I could be wrong, but even though Kotkaniemi has risen alot in the rankings the past few months, I dont think they'll target him at no.3 and that's why many think that the Habs might trade down to between 7 to 10 to grab him.

There's also the rumors that Carolina might draft Zadina at no.2 so that he can play with fellow Czech Necas which would leave Svechnikov available at no.3 Highly unlikely that the Canes would do that but the theory is interesting

Im fine with Zadina at no.3 though, I think the Habs could draft him and afford to trade Pacioretty for a late 1st or prospects and a later pick.
I think if they took Zadina they could move Pacioretty for anther first and grab a C later, I wouldn't pass on any of the top 3 unless you're trading down. Trading down for both the Isles firsts could be smart however as there will be one of the elite d, as well as one of the centres in the 10-15 range still there for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad