• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Johnasson wins the run-off. Still need to do #6 because it's not a given. Swaney added. I think the other Johansson should have been added a while ago actually, but too late now. He'll come next.

Results:
1. Kirill Kaprizov - 95.2% (40/42)
2. Jordan Greenway - 43.9% (18/41)
3. Luke Kunin - 86.1% (31/36)
4. Dmitri Sokolov - 35.4% (17/48)
5. Filip Johansson - 28.1% (9/32)

Next in line (in no particular order):
Simon Johansson

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
voted McBain, but probably should've gone Kahkonen. The Wild desperately need goaltending talent. thought Micalek was that guy, but apparently not.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Went with Wolfcastle because he was better than anyone else that's left at the prospect camp.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
It's just silly at this point to still have Seeler up there, and it seems to be coming down to his age. If he's not considered a prospect because he's 25 then he shouldn't be included, but as long as he's on the list I'm still voting for who on that list has the most value which is Seeler far more than a big list of names of guys who almost all likely never see NHL ice.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's just silly at this point to still have Seeler up there, and it seems to be coming down to his age. If he's not considered a prospect because he's 25 then he shouldn't be included, but as long as he's on the list I'm still voting for who on that list has the most value which is Seeler far more than a big list of names of guys who almost all likely never see NHL ice.
Age will always be a huge factor in determining the value of prospects. Using your logic, guys like Kloos, and Rau should be considered just as valuable as guys like Kunin.

I do agree that Seeler shouldn't even be considered a prospect anymore.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Age will always be a huge factor in determining the value of prospects. Using your logic, guys like Kloos, and Rau should be considered just as valuable as guys like Kunin.

I do agree that Seeler shouldn't even be considered a prospect anymore.
I don't understand this comparison? Do you think I'm saying because he's 25 Seeler has more value, so therefore since two guys who haven't done anything in the NHL are also 25 they have that same value? I get it, you think Seeler is awful, but Boudreau played him 20 minutes a night when Suter was injured and he got more and more ice time during the playoffs, so I disagree. I liked his NHL game. It was very quiet which I think makes for a good NHL defender, especially in his first shot in the league.

I'm basing his value the same as everyone else on that list, which is the likelyhood of him playing in the NHL, which is far higher than anyone else on that list, balanced with the role he could fill while in the NHL, which I would would say to be 3rd pair at worst and I think a capable 20 minute a night defender. I wouldn't value Kloos and Rau highly because I doubt either makes the NHL and if they do it won't be in any meaningful top 9 role. I voted Kunin #3 because his likelyhood of playing in the NHL is high, and his role when there will likely be as a consistent contributor.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't understand this comparison? Do you think I'm saying because he's 25 Seeler has more value, so therefore since two guys who haven't done anything in the NHL are also 25 they have that same value? I get it, you think Seeler is awful, but Boudreau played him 20 minutes a night when Suter was injured and he got more and more ice time during the playoffs, so I disagree. I liked his NHL game. It was very quiet which I think makes for a good NHL defender, especially in his first shot in the league.

I'm basing his value the same as everyone else on that list, which is the likelyhood of him playing in the NHL, which is far higher than anyone else on that list, balanced with the role he could fill while in the NHL, which I would would say to be 3rd pair at worst and I think a capable 20 minute a night defender. I wouldn't value Kloos and Rau highly because I doubt either makes the NHL and if they do it won't be in any meaningful top 9 role. I voted Kunin #3 because his likelyhood of playing in the NHL is high, and his role when there will likely be as a consistent contributor.
1. I am saying that a 25 year old is pretty much out of potential. Seeler is what he is at this point. The chances of him ever being a top 4 defenseman are very slim.

2. I don't think Seeler is awful. In fact, I absolutely love his game, but that doesn't make him better than he is. I love Prosser's game as well.

3. Boudreau played him 20 minutes a night because he didn't have a better option. Soucy got first crack at it despite having zero experience.

4. Seeler is the defensive version of Kloos and Rau.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Seeler’s offense is more non-existent than Brodin’s but I like his game outside of that. Physical, minimal mistakes, skates well, etc. Definitely better than Olofsson based off what I’ve seen.

Is a prospect better if your of the opinion they will never make the NHL vs a guy x amount of years older who is finally getting a chance to play in the NHL? Sure, Johansson had a strong case to beat Seeler. But what about McBain? I question if his skating will allow him to make the NHL.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Seeler’s offense is more non-existent than Brodin’s but I like his game outside of that. Physical, minimal mistakes, skates well, etc. Definitely better than Olofsson based off what I’ve seen.

Is a prospect better if your of the opinion they will never make the NHL vs a guy x amount of years older who is finally getting a chance to play in the NHL? Sure, Johansson had a strong case to beat Seeler. But what about McBain? I question if his skating will allow him to make the NHL.
I think this poll is the first one where Seeler is a solid consideration. Until now, the potential of the first five guys picked, was just too high to think that Seeler was a better choice.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think this poll is the first one where Seeler is a solid consideration. Until now, the potential of the first five guys picked, was just too high to think that Seeler was a better choice.
Fair enough. I think of the remaining players Khovanov has the highest potential followed by McBain. Seeler is just more of a sure thing than the other two in my book.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Seeler, and he may well develop into a top 4 guy. As of now, I look at him as a high end Prosser.

Just don't see how a 25yo can be labelled a prospect.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Fair enough. I think of the remaining players Khovanov has the highest potential followed by McBain. Seeler is just more of a sure thing than the other two in my book.
All I have to go off of for most of the guys left are the two prospect scrimmages.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Seeler is pretty much a lock to make the team and is helping us now.. Has Johansson even played in NA before? He's a complete unknown right now

Goose312

May 15, 2015
1. I am saying that a 25 year old is pretty much out of potential. Seeler is what he is at this point. The chances of him ever being a top 4 defenseman are very slim.

2. I don't think Seeler is awful. In fact, I absolutely love his game, but that doesn't make him better than he is. I love Prosser's game as well.

3. Boudreau played him 20 minutes a night because he didn't have a better option. Soucy got first crack at it despite having zero experience.

4. Seeler is the defensive version of Kloos and Rau.
25 is as good as it gets? Someone should really let Vegas know. Haula and Marchessault at least. Not to mention McNabb and Engelland. Plus Schmidt who never played above 3rd pair before ending up the #1 on the Western Conference championship team. Good thing Karlsson managed his 78 point breakout last year or he'd be stuck a 15 point player forever. Good thing that Burns trade didn't come back to bite the Wild, because when he was 25 he was a 40 point-ish, often defensively questionable defender and in return they got so much "potential." Won't get better than that because all players develop along the exact same linear timeline. Because surely players not playing up in the lineup in their mid 20's can only be due to their abilities and not their team's existing depth pool, or when they began their professional development.

It's funny that Bruce didn't have a better option than Seeler to play 2nd pair LHD when he started.... 6th on the depth chart last year? Suter, Brodin, Reilly, Olofsson for sure, then Soucy is debatable. Reilly got traded for nearly nothing, Olofsson could be following in his footsteps, and Soucy already got pushed aside for Seeler by the end of the year. So yeah, he's a 3rd pairing defense. For now. Because the two ahead of him are established players while he still has to prove himself. Let's hope he doesn't get sent to Seattle only to break out because of his non-contextualized perception as a 3rd liner at 25 years old.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seeler is pretty much a lock to make the team and is helping us now.. Has Johansson even played in NA before? He's a complete unknown right now
Just about everyone is an unknown...that's why they are prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad