GDT: 2018 Home Run Derby and All-Star Game

Who do you think will win the Home Run Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dh3yixyXcAAlZFj.jpg

(I copied the image that hockeykicker posted.)

I thought that a separate thread for the actual derby and game would be better instead of the thread where we all complained about the choices. If a mod wants to merge them, go ahead. But as a mod (not of this sub-forum, though), I think we should have two separate threads.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know why but Hoskins and Bregman came to mind as potential winners. Also this is a pretty underwhelming Derby line up. Harper would be the only one to have hit 40+ in a season right?

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah this HR derby lineup looks very unimpressive

i'm gonna guess aguilar takes it

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I honestly have no idea who will win the Derby. I usually don't watch it. The field does seem really underwhelming this year as others have said.

Also, when do they announce the batting order and starting pitchers for the game?

I'm going to go with (not necessarily what I'd do, but what I think will happen):

1. Altuve, 2B
2. Betts, RF
3. Trout, CF
4. Judge, LF
5. Martinez, DH
6. Ramirez, 3B
7. Machado, SS
8. Abreu, 1B
9. Perez, C
SP: Severino

1. Markakis, RF
2. Harper, CF
3. Votto, DH
4. Arenado, 3B
5. Freeman, 1B
6. Baez, 2B
7. Kemp, LF
8. Contreras, C
9. Crawford, SS
SP: Scherzer

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I honestly have no idea who will win the Derby. I usually don't watch it. The field does seem really underwhelming this year as others have said.

Also, when do they announce the batting order and starting pitchers for the game?

I'm going to go with (not necessarily what I'd do, but what I think will happen):

1. Altuve, 2B
2. Betts, RF
3. Trout, CF
4. Judge, LF
5. Martinez, DH
6. Ramirez, 3B
7. Machado, SS
8. Abreu, 1B
9. Perez, C
SP: Severino

1. Markakis, RF
2. Harper, CF
3. Votto, DH
4. Arenado, 3B
5. Freeman, 1B
6. Baez, 2B
7. Kemp, LF
8. Contreras, C
9. Crawford, SS
SP: Scherzer

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Severino deserved to start.

I mean,, THREE straight years for Chris Sale starting? Really?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm usually gone for the All Star festivities, so I'm looking forward to some of the derby. As for the game, I might watch some of that too. This is my least favorite week in sports though. Wednesday Night the only thing happening is the ESPYs and those usually suck. The one night in the year there is no sports on.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The first hitter in each round is just disadvantaged. If you're the second hitter, you're free to pace yourself because you know how many home runs you need to advance.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'm usually gone for the All Star festivities, so I'm looking forward to some of the derby. As for the game, I might watch some of that too. This is my least favorite week in sports though. Wednesday Night the only thing happening is the ESPYs and those usually suck. The one night in the year there is no sports on.
that's on ABC, NOT ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad