Boston Bruins 2018 free agency grades

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Just 1/3 rd in looking back at how the Bruins fared

Grading All 31 NHL Teams' Offseason Moves

lol D- is a tad harsh no? Is ol' Jeb Biggart changing that grade now? Especially this hot take:

The Moore contract is garbage with the terms he's getting. Giving five years to a fifth or sixth-best defenseman is pretty bad, but at least the AAV is only $2.75 million. Halak is a downgrade from Khudobin,

Reactions: JCRO

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
lol D- is a tad harsh no? Is ol' Jeb Biggart changing that grade now? Especially this hot take:

The Moore contract is garbage with the terms he's getting. Giving five years to a fifth or sixth-best defenseman is pretty bad, but at least the AAV is only $2.75 million. Halak is a downgrade from Khudobin,
Thank you for posting this so I didn’t waste time reading this hot garbage.

The paragraph above is all you need to know about the writer. Terrible

Sometimes the cliff notes are all you need

Reactions: Chief Nine

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

In what world is Halak a downgrade from Khudobin, even prior to Halak playing lights out this season.

What a freaking bozo.

Also without reading, let me guess Toronto got an A+

Reactions: smithformeragent

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What an unintentionally funny read that was. Especially:

"Wagner is nothing close to what Riley Nash was in Boston."

He was right. Nash is getting paid twice as much money as Wagner to produce less, be worse on FO's, and not bring the physical game Wagner does.

:laugh:

Thanks Dan.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Thank you for posting this so I didn’t waste time reading this hot garbage.

The paragraph above is all you need to know about the writer. Terrible

Sometimes the cliff notes are all you need

Yep. After reading the Bruins grade I put the brakes on. No bother to read any more

Reactions: JCRO

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
In what world is Halak a downgrade from Khudobin, even prior to Halak playing lights out this season.

What a freaking bozo.

Bingo! I didn't go that far, but I had to reopen the tab and lo and behold and A+ with a pic of St. Tavares holding the sacred Tronna Mapul Leefs threads. What a surprise!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Riley Nash 23 games 2 assists
Tim Schaller 23 games 3 assists

Rick Nash didn't walk away he is hurt.

Halak is in the top of all goalie stats while Khudobin 3.07 GAA and .905 SV %

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

What a freaking bozo.

I am sure he would have given them an A++ if he could have :laugh:

Here's the TOR synopsis:

Toronto landed the biggest free agent in the salary cap era when hometown hero John Tavares signed a seven-year, $11 million AAV contract. The addition of Tavares gives them the best center depth in the league, and immediately makes them Stanley Cup contenders. In addition to Tavares, they also brought in Par Lindholm from Sweden, who should be a viable replacement for Leo Komarov. They did lose a few prominent faces, namely Tyler Bozak and James van Reimsdyk, but the addition of Tavares overshadows their losses. Their defense still leaves much to be desired, primarily on their right side. That being said, bringing Tavares back home obviously gives the Leafs the best offseason out of any team in the NHL.

So, they lose JVR and Bozak...add Tavares...but do nothing to improve the D, which was their biggest weakness...and it's "obvious" that they had the best offseason of any team.

Buffalo may want to argue that?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Wow, that's one of the most off-based peices of trash I've seen in a long time. Where to start?

"The departure of Riley Nash, Rick Nash, Austin Czarnik, Anton Khudobin, Nick Holden, Tommy Wingels, and Tim Schaller may not jump off the page, but that's a handful of effective depth players.:

Czarnik? Nick Holden? Schaller? Give me a break. And what are these studs doing on their new teams...if they're skating at all?

"They made up for their loss in depth with signings of John Moore, Jaroslav Halak, and Chris Wagner. The Moore contract is garbage with the terms he's getting. Giving five years to a fifth or sixth-best defenseman is pretty bad, but at least the AAV is only $2.75 million."

Moore is a solid d-man, capable of being a 3-4 on many teams, and the contract is actually GOOD. Why? He's valuable at the moment and will be tradeable if and when the time comes.

" Halak is a downgrade from Khudobin,"
Flat out wrong

"Wagner is nothing close to what Riley Nash was in Boston. "

Riley Nash is nothing close to what Riley Nash was in Boston, you idiot!!!

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad