2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
This ended up being a significant race for several teams in the middle race of three in a row.

Merc pissed away the whole day when it looked like they could lock up 1/2 earlier this weekend. Unbelievable. When they get embarrassed like that, they bounce back with a vengeance.

Ferrari back into first in the Constructors standings, Vettel back in the driver's lead, and Kimi in 3rd says "I'm not dead yet!". McClaren literally out of front wings with Alonso running a 2017 spec. Apparently Sauber and Williams with no spares of some parts also. Going to be tough on the carbon fiber crews going into next weekend for those teams.

Renault power unit not performing as expected (or blowing up). Haas best of the rest with some help from retirements delivering a shocking P4/5 to move into fifth place in the Constructors. Should be ahead of Renault overall if they could operate the wheel gun and if the driver formerly known as Crashjean could drive.

Good for Red Bull winning at home, good for the 20k Max fans making the trip and good for the Red Bull Ring seeing a 40k increase in attendance after some dwindling crowds.

Kind of interested to see how the various teams respond to this third race in a row. It looks like a ton of emotional, physical and mechanical stress is showing.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well. Lewis' car falling apart at least lets the team off the hook for the dumbassed decision for not pitting him under the VSC.

So....that's the only positive for them outside of Vettel only managing 3rd.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Vettel spins Bottas, gives him a puncture and pretty much ruins his race. 5-second penalty.

Kimi spins Hamilton who doesn't get any damage and doesn't even have to pit. 10-second penalty.

I am so surprised.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Ocon has been way better than Perez this season. Qualifyings are 8-2 for him and Perez has only been able to beat Ocon twice in a race - Ocon retired in both of those races. Only reason why Perez had more points than Ocon until this race was because of his lucky podium in Baku. Future champion right there.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Vettel spins Bottas, gives him a puncture and pretty much ruins his race. 5-second penalty.

Kimi spins Hamilton who doesn't get any damage and doesn't even have to pit. 10-second penalty.

I am so surprised.
I look at it this way. Vettel shot himself in the foot and had to drop to the back of the grid along with Bottas, so he sort of got a half penalty already. Meanwhile Kimi only lost two positions and Hamilton dropped to the back of the grid. I think had Vettel escaped the French GP incident without damage and stayed in the top5-ish, he would've got a 10 second penalty too.

What I don't like though is Hamilton accusing Raikkonen of crashing him out on purpose, he's been in the sport long enough to know that Kimi is one of, if not the most gentlemanly driver on the grid.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I look at it this way. Vettel shot himself in the foot and had to drop to the back of the grid along with Bottas, so he sort of got a half penalty already. Meanwhile Kimi only lost two positions and Hamilton dropped to the back of the grid. I think had Vettel escaped the French GP incident without damage and stayed in the top5-ish, he would've got a 10 second penalty too.

What I don't like though is Hamilton accusing Raikkonen of crashing him out on purpose, he's been in the sport long enough to know that Kimi is one of, if not the most gentlemanly driver on the grid.
The suggestion of Kimi doing it on purpose is pitiful from Lewis and Toto...i did not hear from Lauda but hopefully he had a bit more sense. Mercedes will just have to get their elbows out....should make for some awesome racing down the stretch...this is one year we won't want a summer break.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

What else do you expect from someone who always complains about his car or the tires whenever he isn't winning?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What else do you expect from someone who always complains about his car or the tires whenever he isn't winning?
Hamilton was hilarious in the press conference after the race. He said that he had the mentality you need to come back after dropping back on the first lap. I find that funny since he was moaning about issues in his car that didn't even exist.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
To the above, Ferrucci just received a four race ban and hefty fine. Failed to show up to either stewards meeting. Both Ferrucci and Maini are Haas development drivers....looks like Crashjean is training them well. Assclowns like that can easily be replaced if they don't get the message.

As to the British GP, that was some good stuff. Gasly ended up with a 5 second penalty moving him down to 13th and Perez to 10th for contact. No further action between the Renault/Haas. That three races in a row seemed to have pushed some teams to the breaking point. Like I said, good stuff.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Just saw this. Ouch!

Also, I just read another report for an additional fine for driving without a glove and holding a cellphone while driving between garage areas.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That Ferrucci's tweet is something I'd expect from a 15-year-old.

Or from your average HF poster.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's gone now, if that's what peener posted at me. What was it?
Maini suggested Ferrucci to get his brain checked after intentionally crashing into him to which he replied something along the lines of "My brain is fine, at least I'm not crying like a little girl" and then posted a video of Maini's meltdown after the French GP.

Reactions: Ceremony

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Future rides starting to get settled. Hamilton re-signs with Mercedes.

Stroll linked to a move to Force India.

*edit*

Bottas signed for another year + option year at Mercedes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad