2018 ECHL Kelly Cup Finals Thread

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
As scooped by Pannini, the Colorado Eagles are now the two-time Kelly Cup Champions after a 3-2 victory over the Florida Everblades in Game 7 in Estero. The Eagles scored both the tying & the game-winning goal in the final 10 minutes of the 3rd period, to hoist the Cup before Loveland becomes an AHL city. Congratulations & good luck.
Yeah sorry about that...you do it better than I do...was just shocked to see them lose this game on home ice, especially when leading in the 3rd.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Congrats to Florida for extending Colorado to 7..... as I stated the Everblades really are the default champions because it was widely known Colorado wasn't going to return and welcome officially Portland and Newfoundland to the ECHL...

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
In no way, shape, or form is Florida the "default champion".

With Colorado leaving the league that means there's no "defending champion" next season, but they are absolutely the league champion in every measure that exists.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Yeah, as an Eagles fan, I find that comment totally disrespectful. But no big deal. The name on the cup for this year will always say Colorado.

Reactions: 210

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Yeah sorry about that...you do it better than I do...was just shocked to see them lose this game on home ice, especially when leading in the 3rd.
I wasn't criticizing, I was giving you due credit. I'm happy to see this thread finally started to draw some demonstrable attention from members to the Kelly Cup playoff action. A seven-game Finals series was a good way to kick off what's gonna be a LONG summer without hockey - unless you follow the Australian Ice Hockey League, of course.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Florida defensemen were sloppy the whole game and it cost them the championship. That said, Colorado goal 2 was all on the goalie. A brutally bad goal from 15-20 feet from a terrible angle.

Series could've gone either way obviously, but Colorado didn't make the mistakes Florida did. fun experience to be at the game, but it's so much better when the home team wins.

$35 tickets we're going for over 100 bucks on stub hub . Not bad for a minor-league game

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
There was a watch party at the arena in Loveland with about 2500 people watching on the big screens. Definitely not as fun as winning at home, but it was better than last year when it was at a bar with like 250 people.

I have watched the other team celebrate a cup on our ice twice in 15 years, one of them a game 7. Not fun lol. The negative energy in those situations is amazing. Just sucks it right out of you.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
No doubt. Last night was the sixth Kelly cup I've seen given away. Only twice did the home team win. Last night was like the other 3 visitor wins-a mortuary like environment.

But in all four cases where the visiting team won, the visitors didn't seem to mind one bit at the fans weren't going crazy. The eagles seemedto enjoy themselves immensely.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
If you lived inside HUTCH's head, you'd feel differently ... in a really spooky, about-to-lose-all-control-of-bodily-functions sorta way ...

But if you say that out loud, the mods get angry, even though he's always used questionable logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad