Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: Round 6, Pick#176 - Zachary Emond,G (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies/QMJHL)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2018d-Emond.png

ZACHARY EMOND (G) [Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)]

Bio
Born: Jun 20, 2000 (18 yo as of June 23, 2018)
Height: 6'3
Weight: 165
Catches: Left

Notes
  • First goalie picked by the Sharks since Mike Robinson & Jake Kupsky in 2015.
  • First QMJHL goalie picked by teh Sharks since Jason Churchill in 2004
  • Selected in the 3rd round of the 2016 QMJHL Entry Draft
  • Served as Rouyn-Noranda's primary backup for 2017-18
  • Incumbent starter Samuel Harvey would be an over-age player for 2018-19 and Rouyn-Noranda could elect not to retain him, essentially handing Emond the starting job
  • Name may actually be "Zacharie" based on some sources. Last name may also use or not use an accent aigu (Émond) depending on how French you want to be about it.

Stats & Info Links
Zacharie Émond at eliteprospects.com
Zachary Emond hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Draft Rankings
PublicationCSBHockeyProspect Black Book
Ranking18 (NAG)84
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Scouting Reports
HockeyProspect Black Book
Emond was a third-round selection in the 2016 QMJHL Draft and spent 2016-2017 with the Collège Notre-Dame Albatros, most notably as a key element in them winning the Dodge Cup.
In his QMJHL rookie campaign, Émond shared the Huskies’ workload with experienced netminder Samuel Harvey. He won only 9 games out of the 24 he was featured in this season, but his is a case where the statistics don’t tell the whole
story. For the Huskies as a whole, the first half of the year featured a confident team who won games rather handily, whereas the second half saw its share of struggles. An injury to Harvey at the peak of the second half threw Émond in the spotlight, but one major quality to Émond’s game that was tested during this time: his poise and ability to move on quickly after letting in goals. His strong mental game, as well as his size, helps him track pucks, and his rebound-control is good. He moves side-to-side really well for a 6’03” goaltender, and made numerous outstanding saves during the year.
Like his goaltending partner, Émond is very calm in his crease and seems to have ice running through his veins. Next season, Émond’s role will depend largely on what happens with Harvey, as a Harvey departure will lead to Émond
being the number 1 guy in Rouyn-Noranda. He’s part of an interesting draft class of goalies for the 2000-born age group from the QMJHL, with the likes of Rodrigue, Gravel and Mandolese. He started the year behind this group, but slowly
climbed the ranks throughout the year. We really love Émond’s long-term potential, and we have liked him all year long.

”I struggled a lot in the first three months of the season to get viewings on him; he was either not playing or injured, like he was at the rookie tournament in Shawinigan. He flew under the radar this year, but had some remarkable performances, including a couple of games against the Remparts that
really stood out for me as the top goaltending performance in the 2017-2018 season across the QMJHL.” – HP Scout Jérôme Bérubé
“I didn’t see him much but in a season where I wasn’t crazy about many of the goaltenders I really liked him.” HP Scout, Mark Edwards

Video Clips

None, as of yet

**IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER RELEVANT CONTENT, POST IT AND TAG ME BY TYPING "@The Nemesis" IN THE POST SO I'LL SEE IT**

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ranked 84th by Black Book (one of hte publications I really like more than most)

Emond was a third-round selection in the 2016 QMJHL Draft and spent 2016-2017 with the Collège Notre-Dame Albatros, most notably as a key element in them winning the Dodge Cup.
In his QMJHL rookie campaign, Émond shared the Huskies’ workload with experienced netminder Samuel Harvey. He won only 9 games out of the 24 he was featured in this season, but his is a case where the statistics don’t tell the whole
story. For the Huskies as a whole, the first half of the year featured a confident team who won games rather handily, whereas the second half saw its share of struggles. An injury to Harvey at the peak of the second half threw Émond in the spotlight, but one major quality to Émond’s game that was tested during this time: his poise and ability to move on quickly after letting in goals. His strong mental game, as well as his size, helps him track pucks, and his rebound-control is good. He moves side-to-side really well for a 6’03” goaltender, and made numerous outstanding saves during the year.
Like his goaltending partner, Émond is very calm in his crease and seems to have ice running through his veins. Next season, Émond’s role will depend largely on what happens with Harvey, as a Harvey departure will lead to Émond
being the number 1 guy in Rouyn-Noranda. He’s part of an interesting draft class of goalies for the 2000-born age group from the QMJHL, with the likes of Rodrigue, Gravel and Mandolese. He started the year behind this group, but slowly
climbed the ranks throughout the year. We really love Émond’s long-term potential, and we have liked him all year long.

”I struggled a lot in the first three months of the season to get viewings on him; he was either not playing or injured, like he was at the rookie tournament in Shawinigan. He flew under the radar this year, but had some remarkable performances, including a couple of games against the Remparts that
really stood out for me as the top goaltending performance in the 2017-2018 season across the QMJHL.” – HP Scout Jérôme Bérubé
“I didn’t see him much but in a season where I wasn’t crazy about many of the goaltenders I really liked him.” HP Scout, Mark Edwards

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Any updates given the current shape of the Sharks goaltending picture? Rather mediocre numbers but in fairness the Huskies did not have the same team as a year ago.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Almost three years since last post. Looks like the Sharks were cleaning out the basement with the trade.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
He was like #10 on the depth chart. A longshot to be an AHLer, let alone an NHL goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad