Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Sent back to London (11/02/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Mark Spector iirc. Pretty much confirmed on the Oilers site as well.

Heard the same thing on 1260.

Not the first time this board gets faulty info and runs amok with outrage. Probably wont be the last either.

As I understand it sometimes teams will run placeholders in practice...so whats happening in practice in terms of lines and pairings isnt necessarily what will happen in the next game.

In terms of Bouchard....IMO its smart to pick the right opportunities to play him. I have no issue with that what so ever. Then again I am not constantly looking for something to jump all over the coaching staff for.

Last edited:

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I hope so, for his sake. Get him away from this tire fire of a team and hopefully he can come back next year to a new head coach.

I get where you're coming from but I'd rather ice our best lineup and he looks to be good enough to play, certainly better than Benning.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I get where you're coming from but I'd rather ice our best lineup and he looks to be good enough to play, certainly better than Benning.

I’m on the fence. We aren’t making the playoffs. No hope. Why waste a ELC year? He looks good enough to play in the NHL for sure. But I’d rather him come into a situation where he isn’t pressured to be the best Dman on the roster.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I’m on the fence. We aren’t making the playoffs. No hope. Why waste a ELC year? He looks good enough to play in the NHL for sure. But I’d rather him come into a situation where he isn’t pressured to be the best Dman on the roster.

Yeah, I won't complain either way honestly. Good arguments can be made to send him down as well. Part of me wants him to learn from Yawney as well which is another reason to keep him up.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, I won't complain either way honestly. Good arguments can be made to send him down as well. Part of me wants him to learn from Yawney as well which is another reason to keep him up.

There's literally no reason to send him down. The only people making him look bad are NHL allstars. He's not going to learn anything playing against junior players.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's literally no reason to send him down. The only people making him look bad are NHL allstars. He's not going to learn anything playing against junior players.

This season isn't worth wasting a year of his ELC for nothing. If Seattle delays their expansion by a year, the Oilers will be likely forced to lose a decent player for this season. Not worth it.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
This season isn't worth wasting a year of his ELC for nothing. If Seattle delays their expansion by a year, the Oilers will be likely forced to lose a decent player for this season. Not worth it.

Do we have a decent player who will be available in another expansion draft? Serious question

Reactions: Raab

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If I was a betting man I would bet that Bouchard stays the season. The team just doesn't have another Dman with his skill set.
Bear is a poor man's Bouchard. Team isn't sniffing playoffs, no reason to start the clock on his ELC.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Im more concerned about developing a #1 dman, then I am on whether we lose someone to an expansion draft in two or three years. We need to do whats best for Bouchard development wise. As it is there's 3 players on the roster Id protect Mcdavid, Draisaitl, and Bouchard. Anyone else is a replaceable piece.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Im more concerned about developing a #1 dman, then I am on whether we lose someone to an expansion draft in two or three years. We need to do whats best for Bouchard development wise. As it is there's 3 players on the roster Id protect Mcdavid, Draisaitl, and Bouchard. Anyone else is a replaceable piece.
Bouchard would develop better in a winning situation than a lotto team

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bouchard would develop better in a winning situation than a lotto team

I wouldnt be so sure this is a lotto team(top 5 pick). Especially as Bouchard gets better throughout the year. Also I dont think the losing is really effecting Bouchard. He IMO has been our best dman through two games. Good to let him get experience and get the warts out of his game now, not when the games actually matter.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wouldnt be so sure this is a lotto team(top 5 pick). Especially as Bouchard gets better throughout the year. Also I dont think the losing is really effecting Bouchard. He IMO has been our best dman through two games. Good to let him get experience and get the warts out of his game now, not when the games actually matter.
Fair but at the same time we have seen good young players come in, play well and them the losing mentality infects them and there goes their play.

If this team is looking to make playoffs than sure, but if we are like 1-8 at his 9 game mark, you send him down.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Couldn't agree more. Give him 9 games, send him back, and prevent having to protect him from the upcoming Seattle expansion draft. This year is shot anyhow. My only concern is that because he is already clearly in out top-6, and that Chia is worried about keeping his job NOW, that Chia wont' care about the future, and therefore keep him up. Basically, I'm concerned about Chia being Chia, and screwing this up through a stupid decision.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Yes we are. We are bottom-10 for SURE, and likely bottom-5/7.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Couldn't agree more! Many GM's came our and said the expansion last time wasn't a dictator to their decisions. I'm gonna guess this is the same.

Bouchards development should trump this notion by 1000x

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Couldn't agree more! Many GM's came our and said the expansion last time wasn't a dictator to their decisions. I'm gonna guess this is the same.

Bouchards development should trump this notion by 1000x

MacT at the Wheel

Dec 16, 2016
Calgary
Not sure how we can send Bouchard down at this point. The only problem I see with Bouchard is he's not getting enough ice time.

Both games so far, we put out Bouchard for the last couple minutes trying to come back from a 2 point deficit since he's the only defenceman we have that seems capable of generating offence. How about play him for 18+ minutes so we don't get into that situation in the first place. If he can't handle that, send him down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad