2018 Buffalo Bills (2-4): 10-21 vs. IND (1-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Quick Hits: McDermott addresses LeSean McCoy’s status

It’s hard to know if it’s a better outcome than first reported, but head coach Sean McDermott confirmed that LeSean McCoy suffered cracked rib cartilage when he was tackled in Sunday’s game against the Chargers.

“He’s going to be day to day,” said McDermott of McCoy.

There were erroneous reports on Monday that McCoy suffered cracked ribs, but those were corrected later in the day.

As for McCoy’s availability for Sunday’s game in Minnesota, that will be determined through the course of the week.

Special teamer Taiwan Jones meanwhile escaped his scary head injury with just a gash on his head and some bruises after he was struck by a Chargers player in the head after his helmet came off.

“No concussion,” said McDermott of Jones. “He’s bruised and cut up a little bit,”

The gash on Jones’ head did require stitches, which could make wearing a helmet difficult, but McDermott said they’ll work through those logistics as the week moves along.

Play calling on defense to be determined
Cornerback position still to be addressed

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I've liked Diggs since his time in Maryland. No idea how he dropped so much.

As I recall there was some route running and maturity issues that were claimed.

I sadly picked him up in fantasy a year too early and didn’t get him back before he put all together.

Real talk, another 40 point drubbing seems likely.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

I don’t know how anyone can tell what his real thoughts are. The man speaks in nothing but empty platitudes and slogans. “Trust the process.” “Growth mindset.” “Next man up.”

It’s borderline insulting. Especially since, when he’s not deploying one of his patented catchphrases to avoid answering questions, he’s saying things that he can’t possibly really believe (“I had no problems with anyone’s effort.”)

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I don’t know how anyone can tell what his real thoughts are. The man speaks in nothing but empty platitudes and slogans. “Trust the process.” “Growth mindset.” “Next man up.”

It’s borderline insulting. Especially since, when he’s not deploying one of his patented catchphrases to avoid answering questions, he’s saying things that he can’t possibly really believe (“I had no problems with anyone’s effort.”)

Attachments

• 2i5ziq.jpg
    2i5ziq.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Rex Ryan wanted to build a bully. Sean McDermott wants to build a cult. He uses the word culture all the time. The last 3 letters are window dressing.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm not shocked that we are 0-2. The front office moves the last year pointed to them tearing down more . My issue is with the effort and that we are putting a developing qb like Allen behind that oline . Trading mccarron is a move I'll never understand .

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Josh Allen, Thrown to the Wolves in Buffalo

By BEN BASKIN - September 18, 2018

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The Josh Allen Era began on Sunday with cautious optimism for Bills fans. That feeling has become somewhat rote in Buffalo, where the team has cycled through 17 quarterbacks since Hall-of-Famer Jim Kelly retired after the 1996 season, and every time the Bills switch to a new passer, the faithful invariably hope for the best but expect the worst. This iteration is no different.

Besides, the thinking went outside the stadium on Sunday, could it get any worse than Week 1? Facing the Ravens in the opener, the Bills trotted out Nathan Peterman, again, as if his two starts in 2017—one of which was, statistically, the worst for a quarterback in the history of the NFL—never happened. This time around Peterman was better; he only became the first starting quarterback since 2015 to have a 0.0 passer rating. To boot: Buffalo’s 47-3 blowout loss was the largest margin of defeat in the NFL since 2014.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

I don't see any chance that McDermott gets fired this season.

Agreed. McDermott essentially picked his boss. I don't see Beane turning on him one year after a playoff appearance in his first season; especially when they both planned on entering the season with the OLine "intact". Not improving the protection in front of their prized QB (including a better veteran QB) is signs that their losing, while not intentional, is not a surprise nor a concern.

My prediction: After finishing the season with the #1 pick, they will trade back to acquire multiple picks in this draft and the next draft. Between their picks and salary cap, they will have truly revamped their roster.

I just hope they have the right QB (or haven't ruined him) when the team is deep and talented a year or two from now.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad