2018 Booms

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't have him anywhere, but Pat Mahomes was a monster this year. I knew he had a ton of upside, but man, I did not see this coming. He was a borderline QB1 entering the year in one year leagues.

Tyler Boyd is another one. I liked him coming out of Pitt, but his first few years were pretty underwhelming. I don't think I have him anywhere, either.

(I'm only listing "don't have him anywheres" for my one year leagues.) I have Conner for one dynasty, but that's it. I don't have Mahomes at all. Same with Boyd.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Conner - picked him in the last round of all three of my leagues (including one keeper). I have byes in all 3 because of him! Funny enough, I ended up trading him in the keeper for Barkley and Zeke (can't keep 1st round picks so I will be losing them).

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Robert Woods

Chubb post trade

Golladay

Thielen and Hill based on ADP in the 3rd round counst imo

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
has to be conner and mahomes. i picked up conner on waivers post draft

funny that i own both conner and cook. the biggest boom and the biggest bust of this fantasy season

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Mahomes and Conner are the most obvious. Lindsay/Peterson/Cohen/White have having some great years. I think Kittle exploded this year. JuJu really upped his production

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Mahomes and Connor.

I targeted Mahomes as my starter in every league (only got him in 1 cause some people like to pick backup QBs), I'm not going to pretend I saw this but I knew he'd be a great fantasy player.

I'm also so glad I took Conner with my last non-Kicker/DST pick in the league I drafted Bell #1 instead of throwing a dart.

Robert Woods is another guy I got in the middles rounds who's been great for me.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Tyler Boyd was a very nice waiver pick up.

OJ Howard was my last pick in the draft and he was honestly awesome before the injuries.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Mahomes for sure at QB, he was one of my late round QB targets. Matt Ryan has also been good for his cost.

Chubb was my favorite rookie after Barkley and he's been a star. Conner, of course. Peterson was a late round guy I ended up with in some drafts.

McCaffrey was someone I was higher on than most.

I didn't do well with my WR picks this year, as mentioned in the bust thread. I did like Dante Pettis who has been great when healthy, but hardly a hit.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I loved Mccaffrey and traded for him but then had him for 3 weeks where he got 0 touchdowns and traded him away thinking he wasn't going to get the red zone looks and that Cam was going to run in a bunch of tds. Now he's scored like 10 tds since then lol f***.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I don't think he really flies under the radar at all but Travis Kelce has been even better than advertised for me. Helps that KC's offense has been next level all season.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't think he really flies under the radar at all but Travis Kelce has been even better than advertised for me. Helps that KC's offense has been next level all season.

Kelce is averaging just under 20 points a game in PPR. That is ridiculous for a tight end. Considering the dumpster fire that tight end was this year, he was well worth a second round pick.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I ended up "settling" for Kelce in a couple places where I wanted Gronk. He's been great.

Reactions: Deebious

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Mahomes has been absurd. If you drafted him, you're a team that likes to wait on a QB and probably isn't used to having anyone beyond a Matt Stafford type (at least before this year) or something that just gets you solid production. All of a sudden inserting a guy who balls out for 3/4 TDS and 300 yards a game on the regular is going to put anyone in the playoffs, along with the solid foundation you likely built up before drafting him.

McCaffery has been a god send as well. Such a high floor in PPR leagues and has put together some big time performances down the stretch.

And yeah, Kelce has been huge. Outside of that random first week, his next two worst weeks by a longshot were 5-61-0 and 6-46-0. In a PPR league you'd be perfectly happy to get that production from a TE outside of the top 4 or so.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Mahomes has been such a difference maker, yeah. The best team I have I went Gurley #1, Mixon #24, then Mahomes late. Almost impossible for that team to lose the weeks Mixon has been healthy and went undefeated.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Mike Williams has a couple good games but is still behind Keenan Allen.

Eric Ebron somehow has a bunch of TD's.

Rams DEF was going to be good and I picked it up while everyone was fighting over MIN & JAX.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Derick Henry..... lol wow. Late-season Fantasy boom, and of course I missed out on him. :\

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Derick Henry..... lol wow. Late-season Fantasy boom, and of course I missed out on him. :\
Benched him two weeks straight. Just didn't think the Titans would commit to him like that again, they've been splitting RBs or randomly giving the ball to a certain back for a few years now.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad