Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The step this year for Ylonen will be to have the will to attack the interior. Right now I'd say he's on track to be a 20 goal possession winger.. but there's more upside there if he becomes more willing to attack.

The good thing is he's at least aware of that and chalks it up to lack of confidence from not being strong enough. Hopefully that is the case and he can change that.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
2 impressive plays. First, get himself in position to shoot. Find the open space. Extremely aware. Then, his pass is superb. Fun to see.

yep took that extra step to get some space and a great shot. Pass was gorgeous too. Preseason's preseason but good to see. Really like Ylonen but if he doesn't take a big step in his development I don't see much hope for him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
yep took that extra step to get some space and a great shot. Pass was gorgeous too. Preseason's preseason but good to see. Really like Ylonen but if he doesn't take a big step in his development I don't see much hope for him.

I like what WTK said. Kid needs to get in at some point. He has the size to do so. But he does have talent, that,s for sure.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Ylonen took a big step after the WJC. He was playing with way more confidence and it showed on the scoresheet. I don't see him slowing down this year at all.

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he can play close to 1 ppg in the Liiga he will impress me a lot and could be a part of our top 6

Like Ikonen I'd like to see him get around 40 pts assuming they play over 50 games, for Ikonen it will be tougher since he's on a weaker team.

He has the size to do so

last i saw him he's still a bean pole, tallish but skinny.

Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Do they play 40 minutes of hockey? Just like the 2-2 tie...did they just play 30 minutes? Geez they seem to be playing 4 games in one day. Reason why it's not full 60 minutes game.

So Ylonen played 3 games today, total of icetime of approximately 25 minutes in total. And had 2 goals and 3 assists....not too bad....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Gravity

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I feel like this is his breakout year.

Imagine him scoring over 1ppg :O
That would be a big break but I doubt it. They lost Kaski and Saarinen, their two best producers and I dont see anyone hanging in there to produce enough for Ylonen to get more than a PPG.

Karpat was really good last year and Heponiemi didnt event get a PPG. Id love for it to happen but its not realistic IMO. He is however, very skilled and if things turn right for him, he will explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad