Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - III

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Swap Heinen and JDB. Make the 3rd the second. I assume Kampfer sits (even though he played well) so see if Heinen-DK-Backes can do something in limited minutes.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Not very realistic. Neither one of them is as good offensively, and MoJo isn’t a center
How realistic is the thought of Coyle and Mojo taking over Bergeron and Krejci duties ... once Bergeron and Krejci games really start depleting?

Mojo is 5 years younger and Coyle 7 years younger

I think it will be important to lock Coyle and Mojo for the next 5 years

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not? If it’s not a joke it’s 0% likely they will be the #1 and #2 centers on a cup winning team

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm bored but I was thinking, would anyone be against inserting Frederic into the line-up for Game 6 if they roll 12 F?

Hear me out. My objective here four-fold

A) Get more ice time for Kuraly, whose been one of the best Bruins game-in, game-out, these playoffs.

B) Use the Top 9 more and slightly reduce the ice time of the 4th line at 5 on 5 play.

C) Get Marchand shooting more and thinking pass less (I find he's far too pass-friendly lately with Pasta)

D) Give Krejci more help

So go with:

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak

Kuraly - Coyle - Johansson

Nordstrom - Frederic - Acciari (with Acciari taking the draws on his strong side).

Keep in mind that Frederic is taking the spot of Backes who has zero special teams duty, so Frederic would only see ice 5 on 5.

Trust me, this is not about the narrative of the St. Louis kid playing in his hometown on this type of stage. It would be a nice story, but this is about winning hockey games.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'm bored but I was thinking, would anyone be against inserting Frederic into the line-up for Game 6 if they roll 12 F?

Hear me out. My objective here four-fold

A) Get more ice time for Kuraly, whose been one of the best Bruins game-in, game-out, these playoffs.

B) Use the Top 9 more and slightly reduce the ice time of the 4th line at 5 on 5 play.

C) Get Marchand shooting more and thinking pass less (I find he's far too pass-friendly lately with Pasta)

D) Give Krejci more help

So go with:

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak

Kuraly - Coyle - Johansson

Nordstrom - Frederic - Acciari (with Acciari taking the draws on his strong side).

Keep in mind that Frederic is taking the spot of Backes who has zero special teams duty, so Frederic would only see ice 5 on 5.

Trust me, this is not about the narrative of the St. Louis kid playing in his hometown on this type of stage. It would be a nice story, but this is about winning hockey games.

I think you'd be better off just putting Backes on the 4th line there. Love Frederic but he's just not ready. Backes will give you more

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think you'd be better off just putting Backes on the 4th line there. Love Frederic but he's just not ready. Backes will give you more

I think the issue there is Backes playing Center, which we all know isn't really an option. You could put Acciari in the middle, Backes on the RW.

I guess like you said who brings more to the table, Backes or Frederic. Frederic is inexperienced, but maybe those young legs is just what the doctor order for what will be 2 fast-paced games to win a cup.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would start the game...

Johansson - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kuhlman
Nordy - Kuraly - Acciari

Krug - Carlo
Moore - McAvoy
Chara - Clifton

If that fails, I go to 3 lines for the last 2 periods...

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Johansson - Krejci - Coyle
Nordy - Kuraly - Acciari

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think the issue there is Backes playing Center, which we all know isn't really an option. You could put Acciari in the middle, Backes on the RW.

I guess like you said who brings more to the table, Backes or Frederic. Frederic is inexperienced, but maybe those young legs is just what the doctor order for what will be 2 fast-paced games to win a cup.

This is what you'd have to do I think. The 4th line looked really good in the regular season with Noel centering Kuraly and Wagner. Backes takes Wagner's spot, but then that leaves Nordstrom out and I'd rather have him in the lineup than Backes.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is what you'd have to do I think. The 4th line looked really good in the regular season with Noel centering Kuraly and Wagner. Backes takes Wagner's spot, but then that leaves Nordstrom out and I'd rather have him in the lineup than Backes.

The thing for me is we got 2 games left to the season. Lay it all out there, enough with the balanced approach and ride your Top 9 forwards to the finish line, which to me includes Kuraly. Your couple 4th line guys (Acciari and Nordy) will still see time on the PK, but roll back their minutes 5 on 5.

I get the ECHL isn't the NHL, but they don't even dress 12 forwards, only 10 and the 10th guy doesn't see much ice. Rolling 3 lines at the expense of limited ice time for the 4th line isn't really that big of a stretch at all.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The thing for me is we got 2 games left to the season. Lay it all out there, enough with the balanced approach and ride your Top 9 forwards to the finish line, which to me includes Kuraly. Your couple 4th line guys (Acciari and Nordy) will still see time on the PK, but roll back their minutes 5 on 5.

Yeah, I forgot for a moment Backes wasn't scratched for a forward but for a 7th D which presumably we won't need tomorrow.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, I forgot for a moment Backes wasn't scratched for a forward but for a 7th D which presumably we won't need tomorrow.

Not to mention that if the Bruins start rolling 3 lines, I'm pretty sure that Berube won't know what to do and his ugly pumpkin head will explode.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I would think they should really shake things up but I doubt they'll break up the Marchy/Bergy duo or the DeBrusk/Krejci duo (never of which have really done anything this series). I would go:

Johannson-Bergeron-Coyle
Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Kuraly-Heinen
Nordstrom-Acciari-Backes/Kuhlman

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara/Moore-Clifton

Backes or Kuhlman on #4 RW if they dress 12F/6D again. Put Grzelcyk on the top pair if he's cleared. Not opposed to dressing 7D again though just in case.

Reactions: Flannelman

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I would think they should really shake things up but I doubt they'll break up the Marchy/Bergy duo or the DeBrusk/Krejci duo (never of which have really done anything this series). I would go:

Johannson-Bergeron-Coyle
Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Kuraly-Heinen
Nordstrom-Acciari-Backes/Kuhlman

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara/Moore-Clifton

Backes or Kuhlman on #4 RW if they dress 12F/6D again. Put Grzelcyk on the top pair if he's cleared. Not opposed to dressing 7D again though just in case.
The Bruins have so many struggling right now for whatever reason,I’m not sure what the he’ll Cassidy can do anymore.I think he pretty much has to put them the way they have been most of the playoffs,and hope for the best,it’s that or go crazy and try a couple new faces,but can’t see him trying that,let’s face it he would get roasted alive if they lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad