Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Just looked at Robbie's stats....
First full season (72 games) was 15/16.
That's 4 full years in the NHL(me thinks this season is done for him)
4 seasons X 82 Games a season =332ish games
---------------------
Robbie has played in 137.
He's a career -18
--------———------
He's been fun to watch ( I think? Or did Brouwer REALLY make him look good) I just don't think the kid has what it takes to stay in this league. Doesn't boad well that he only played a 1/3 of the games you've paid him for. Might be time to cut our loses...

:ha::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What exactly are loses are we cutting here? What exactly would we get in return for Fabbri? Probably not a lot. I don't think his season is done unless he needs to have surgery on his shoulder. Looked like he dislocated or separated it. Could've also torn his rotator cuff but I highly doubt that considering usually you don't get immediate pain like he looked like he sustained.

Reactions: stl76

Mar 6, 2012
I'm thinking the news has to all be bad or else we would have information.

It's surprising to me (okay, maybe it's not) that no one seems to care. Can you imagine how much Blues fans would be freaking out right now if all those guys went down and it actually mattered?

Can you believe that it's barely December and this season is already lost? And having that opinion is the reasonable one and not just some hyperbolic nonsense?

Reactions: Zamadoo

Mar 6, 2012
Petro = Hand, will miss all of December, will probably require surgery
Steen = concussion, but day-to-day
Fabbri = Separated shoulder, does not require surgery, will probably miss all of december

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017

Here's to hoping that Fabbri suffered a dislocation and not something more severe.

Sucks that Pietrangelo is going to miss 3+ weeks. I'd be looking to trade for someone like Luke Schenn

Mar 6, 2012
It's just funny at this point. I mean, wheeeeeeeeeeee...

It's not like it matters... What, are they suddenly going to lose a bunch of games and become the 2nd worse team in the league or something crazy?

Reactions: RoarBacon

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Sucks for Petro. Guess that squashes any trades! heh...

and for Fabbri, honestly, it could have been worse. Glad it's not going to need surgery...

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Good ole injuries are piling up. Yeah it sucks. Guess Parayko about to get a whole bunch more minutes now. Unfortunately that probably means JBo as well.

I hope the team doesn’t use the injury excuse when they miss the playoffs. We sucked well before then.

Reactions: RoarBacon

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
With the way Fabbri acted after the collision I really thought we wouldn't see him again until October 2019. I feel like hes going to end up coming back and reinjure it worse though. All the shoulder issues Berglund had and never were really solved until he had surgery. Obviously everyone is different and I have literally no idea of the severity, but something tells me hes going to come back and hurt it again. Hope I am wrong. Kid has been through enough.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

Here's to hoping that Fabbri suffered a dislocation and not something more severe.

Sucks that Pietrangelo is going to miss 3+ weeks. I'd be looking to trade for someone like Luke Schenn

I'm not looking to spend any assets on rentals for this season. I realize Luke Schenn wouldn't cost much, but we're already out our 4th this year and next year's 6th from the Jerabek trade. Why keep throwing assets out on a season that has a 95% chance or greater of being a lost cause? Luke Schenn isn't elevating this team all that much and I'd rather see what Schmaltz can do with expanded minutes and/or see what Reinke can bring. I'm not sure Luke Schenn offers anything that Chris Butler doesn't at this point in their careers.

The only reason I'm spending any asset on all for Luke Schenn is if I believe it can buy some good will from Brayden and shave a few hundred grand off his next contract. Even then, I'd need to be pretty confident in that belief.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'd never wish any of our guys to get hurt, but I do have some solace in the fact that DA won't make any bonehead trades to try to improve the team with Petro out for an extended time. We get to see the kids play, and I don't see any way we aren't bottom of the league come January. I think DA won't be in any rush to push our guys on IR to come back until they are absolutely ready so he can help the tank.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Damn I'm going to be butt hurt if Butler gets icetime while we could call up Mikkoa and give him couple games.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Well that pretty much puts a wrap on the season.

Full on sell. Worst thing Army can do now is try to bring in bandaid players to help fill out the roster.

Call up player and look to trade expiring contracts and fringe players.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Also, bring in Q for the latter half of the season. He's not going to be able turn things around in time but it will allow him to get in and get familiar with the team and establish what his gameplan/expectations are to the players going into the off season.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Going to be very, very hard to watch this team I'm guessing. Who knows, maybe with a depleted roster they will put the work boots on but I just can't imagine this season ending in a positive way in any scenario anymore. If we start winning games, all we are going to do is still miss the playoffs and throw away our top 10 pick. So I don't even want that to happen. Right now it's best if the Blues sell and get a top 3 player. Finishing in the middle would be dreadful.

Reactions: Bluenatic

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'd like to see Fabbri come back healthy and keep reclaiming his career. This is a relatively minor set-back for him.

For Pietro, take your time and get healthy. No reason to risk the recovery to rush back to this fire.

Steen needs to shut it down for a while. Two concussions that close together, I'd really drag out the recovery time frame and be sure before he exposes himself to contact again. I'm still baffled that there wasn't even a hearing for EJ when his illegal check concussed an opponent.

Get it all out of your systems guys. Bring on any more injuries we need to get out of the way. If Bortuzzo isn't right, shut him down and get surgery too, if he needs it.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
At least he gets some time of Afrom Blues. Have a time with family and triplets.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Bring in the AHL guys.

Its not like it will matter to either team. Both are performing subpar. So this is a good opportunity to develop younger players with more ice time.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Best thing that could have happened to Petro, IMO... From what I've seen, the dude needs about 8 weeks off. Those triplets have turned him into a zombie. Go get some rest, bud.

.....Kinda interested in seeing what this team does with no Captain on the ice for the next 2 months....

Glad it's nothing TOO serious for Robbie. He seemed to be in an awful lot of pain for just a run-of-the-mill separated shoulder, though.

Think they'd downplay his injury, when in reality he might be out more like 8-12 weeks, Just so the entire fan base doesn't lose their collective sh**? You know, since he's already missed half of his.... entire.... career...

I guess we'll see in a month. I'm putting money on 8 weeks.

DudeLebowski

Dec 4, 2018
Fabbri has no luck, what a sad story. The guy was destined to be a top 6 staple for us for the next 10+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad