Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Ok, Pettersson has been added

Also, forgot to post on Friday, but the game between Flint and Sudbury was basically total annihilation. Sudbury killed them 9-2 and I think out shot them 2-1.

Anyway, Busby is a treat to watch even on such a bad showing from his team. He's an excellent skater...lateral movement is good and will get better I believe, good first pass and can skate it up. No glaring weaknesses other than just pure strength as a sub 6' footer.

Great pick. I'd like to see him next year as Flint should be better and he'll have more opportunity to shine. He's already 8 apples in 14 games, so pretty decent numbers so far on a pretty bad team.

I went and pulled some stats from games from Flint and after adding Busby, Flint has averaged 1 goal more per game (basically a 33% increase in production)...and their winning % has increased as a result. He's a nice player and a good draft selection. A solid puck moving RHD who can navigate the PP, he's got good vision and his skating ability is definitely a plus.

Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to be a factor...he certainly has the tools! A lot of scouts according to what I've read had him in the late first round and definitely a 2nd round talent. Great boom or bust pick.

Reactions: Antonche

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ok, Pettersson has been added

Also, forgot to post on Friday, but the game between Flint and Sudbury was basically total annihilation. Sudbury killed them 9-2 and I think out shot them 2-1.

Anyway, Busby is a treat to watch even on such a bad showing from his team. He's an excellent skater...lateral movement is good and will get better I believe, good first pass and can skate it up. No glaring weaknesses other than just pure strength as a sub 6' footer.

Great pick. I'd like to see him next year as Flint should be better and he'll have more opportunity to shine. He's already 8 apples in 14 games, so pretty decent numbers so far on a pretty bad team.

I went and pulled some stats from games from Flint and after adding Busby, Flint has averaged 1 goal more per game (basically a 33% increase in production)...and their winning % has increased as a result. He's a nice player and a good draft selection. A solid puck moving RHD who can navigate the PP, he's got good vision and his skating ability is definitely a plus.

Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to be a factor...he certainly has the tools! A lot of scouts according to what I've read had him in the late first round and definitely a 2nd round talent. Great boom or bust pick.
He was viewed as a potential 2nd rounder at one point.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Nate Schnarr is having himself a great D+1 season.
50 27G 52A 79PTS 34PIM +28
He’s playing great, and his Jr team is strong this year. He has some good players to play with. It’s his d+2 year. I’m sure the yotes are pleased with his progress

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Jenik and Schnaar could both graduate to Tuscon next season after putting up big points in the O. POJ and hopefully Westerlund could add depth on D for the RR.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Keep in mind we just fired the main components of the scouting staff that made these picks. It will be interesting that we finally nail some mid round picks and then made changes.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Drafting in the Bernhardt era was never the problem.
Criticism with Bernhardt was always his picks in the first round. We are just seeing this play out now but he’s appeared to land some legitimate nhl players in the mid to late rounds. Hill and Garland helped salvage this season and he deserves credit for that.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There are a ton of overagers atop the scoring race in the CHL this year. Perhaps we can find a second Garland.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Spreadsheet is updated and I must say we have never had this many prospects doing so well.

Hayton is thankfully producing well - and as the one guy said, he still needs to improve his skating and quickness - if he can do that then he will be a legitimate #1 center candidate
Jenik is an absolute stud - plays with pace, executes at top speed, has great vision and would undoubtedly be a 1st rounder this year had he been born just 1 day later.
Schnarr is having a great season, is more of a playmaker than a scorer, but he's got size, will go to the dirty areas and he's got good hockey IQ - he's a good one and I could see him centering 3rd line down the road
Busby is a stud as well, think Tony DeAngelo without the attitude...this kid can absolutely skate, let's keep him healthy and I think he'll be above a PPG next year if Flint can get a couple more players, they're pretty bad but he is one of 4 kids that are really, really good.
Hoefenmayer is producing at an excellent clip and we should sign him soon, although I think they are waiting until after trade deadline or when AHL season is over and several of those contracts will be done since we're at 49 contracts.

...I'm not even including POJ who is having a fine season, not as dominate as I would have hoped for his last season in the Q, but very high end skill player and if he fills out like his brother he's going to be very good.

other honorable mentions:
Kevin Bahl - 0.50ppg up from 0.31
Ty Emberson - 0.37ppg 1st year at Wisconsin

...and the goalies are doing great as well
Ivan Prosvetov is a character, his cartwheels after games at center ice are awesome
David Tendeck is playing behind a higher draftee, but he is holding his own
Erik Kallgren is dominating SWE1 league with .921% save percentage ranking 5th in the league

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Spreadsheet is updated and I must say we have never had this many prospects doing so well.

Hayton is thankfully producing well - and as the one guy said, he still needs to improve his skating and quickness - if he can do that then he will be a legitimate #1 center candidate
Jenik is an absolute stud - plays with pace, executes at top speed, has great vision and would undoubtedly be a 1st rounder this year had he been born just 1 day later.
Schnarr is having a great season, is more of a playmaker than a scorer, but he's got size, will go to the dirty areas and he's got good hockey IQ - he's a good one and I could see him centering 3rd line down the road
Busby is a stud as well, think Tony DeAngelo without the attitude...this kid can absolutely skate, let's keep him healthy and I think he'll be above a PPG next year if Flint can get a couple more players, they're pretty bad but he is one of 4 kids that are really, really good.
Hoefenmayer is producing at an excellent clip and we should sign him soon, although I think they are waiting until after trade deadline or when AHL season is over and several of those contracts will be done since we're at 49 contracts.

...I'm not even including POJ who is having a fine season, not as dominate as I would have hoped for his last season in the Q, but very high end skill player and if he fills out like his brother he's going to be very good.

other honorable mentions:
Kevin Bahl - 0.50ppg up from 0.31
Ty Emberson - 0.37ppg 1st year at Wisconsin

...and the goalies are doing great as well
Ivan Prosvetov is a character, his cartwheels after games at center ice are awesome
David Tendeck is playing behind a higher draftee, but he is holding his own
Erik Kallgren is dominating SWE1 league with .921% save percentage ranking 5th in the league

With all this future, I hope the owner can afford to not trade it away for two playoff home-games...

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Totally forgot that Mathieu Joseph is POJ's brother. Gives me more hope that he'll eventually fill out his frame enough to play with the big boys.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What did he do? Really excited about him, where do you think he would have been drafted of he was a day older?
He has 2G's already against Saginaw (our goalie prospect) tonight.

He'd likely go 20-40 spots earlier.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Nate Schnarr just had a great week and is sitting just 4pts shy of 100. Btw, Hayton is still out with an injury, which is now going on 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad