2018-2019 Canucks Powerplay Talk

CroatianCanuck

Jul 11, 2008
Vancouver
Obviously the first unit is fun to watch and with Pettersson and Boeser I actually feel like the Canucks have a good chance to score on the PP when ever we get one!

PP1 = Pettersson - Boeser - Horvat - Baertschi? - Pouliot (Eventually Hughes)

BUT the second unit powerplay is what I'm really starting to like and gives our team a nice dynamic.

Did you guys notice in the last 2 games Green made the slight change and moved Goldobin down to the 2nd
powerplay unit and it has become so much more noticeable. They even scored a goal last night against the Avalanche. Gaudette with Virtanen is becoming a thing (I really like them together) but with a creative player like Goldobin its really made that 2nd unit fun to watch and a threat to score.

PP2 = Virtanen - Gaudette - Goldobin - Grandlund (Dahlen Hopefully) - Hutton

Anyone else agree with me about the 2nd unit?

This years team is starting to feel like the Young Gun Canucks of the early 2000's when West Coast Express first got together and were surprising everyone.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Yeah in the first couple a games this years it was painful to watch or be entertained when the 2nd unit came on the ice but now with some ajustments it seems Coach Green has found something that can work. Gold Gaudette and Virtanen could be a super solid line.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Load up the first unit with a 1-3-1. Hughes with one timer option on both sides, Pettersson with two right handed one timer options and Horvat causing havoc in front of the net.

Horvat
Boeser - Gaudette - Pettersson
Hughes

Oops getting ahead of myself. This is what I want to see next year though :)

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I am beyond stoked to have Hughes here, maybe as soon as this season. I like Edler a ton, but we need to replace him from that 1st unit, and no I don't think any guy currently on the roster will be as capable.

CroatianCanuck

Jul 11, 2008
Vancouver
Goldy didnt fit on the 1st unit in the Baertschi bumper position.

Perfect fit on unit 2 in the Pettersson spot tho.

I totally agree with you and thought the same thing! Goldy on the right side where Pettersson plays on the PP is his best position.
The offence directly flows through him on the 2nd unit pp. Once Baertschi comes back the 2 pp units will be even more deadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad