Value of: 2018 1st overall pick: What would your team be willing to give up?

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I'd do a Nylander + 1st + Prospect from marlies (NO LIL G) from leafs . Think we can do with out nylander and still be just as good. hes the most expendable of our big 3
And i feel that we are 1 solid D man away from being a really good team

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I personally would NOT be willing to give up Horvat.

Me neither,

I don't see any concrete evidence that this guy will be anything more than a good defenceman, he might be, but If anyone can post undeniable video evidence that this guy is going to be a hall of fame difference maker, than I'd like to see it.

A LOT of hype around this kid, Horvat is a proven commodity, and it's not just the ability to play well he's proved,

Horvat has shown the rare ability to rise above the dismal team he plays for, no matter how bad the Canucks are, he rises above it and shines,

THAT is a rare and precious commodity and THE commodity this team will need if its ever going to be more than it is.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The answer is Taylor Hall. I'd easily do this because it would give similiar impact player but 8 years younger.

A lot of the offers in this thread are ridicoulus though, we are talking about franchise d-man here.

If it gets the deal done, NJ relents and adds both Greene and Lovejoy to offset the loss of Dahlin to whatever franchise would have drafted him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The team I follow already gave up and they have an 81.5% chance of not picking first.

Wait... that isn't the "give up" you meant. :biglaugh: Moving along!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For bragging rights on inconsequential forums filled with people who have no clue what they are talking about?

Erik Karlsson

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I don't think the Flames have the piece/s that would make sense for both teams.

I guess something around Hamilton but I am not sure the team trading the 1st overall would want a package or that the other piece would be reasonable for both teams.

If Buffalo were to win the lottery, what would you think about a deal involving Hamilton and Tkachuk? What would you want back from Buffalo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad