Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
God, if we only had THREE Melker Karlssons, that fourth line would be perfect.

Pretty sure there was a chick in Total Recall with three Melkers.
QONVIyz.gif

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This is a cap saving move for now. They'll call someone up before Thursday. Not necessarily him but it could be. Barracuda don't play until Saturday, I think.

I think this is mainly a move to support the Barracuda. They play divisional games only until January 18th so this is a very important stretch and they'll always be close from home. Sharks may call up somebody for their road games vs the Blackhawks and Wild but besides that they're at home until just before new years eve. With such a light schedule and the Cuda always close the Sharks honestly don't really need Suomela but the Cuda sure does. This is rewarding their good work without Praplan and Sandberg. Sandberg was released a month ago and Praplan just returned from injury I believe. Suomela will definitely help them out and since DeBoer is DeBoer Suomela wasn't gonna play over Karlsson with the Sharks anyway.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
IDK how true that is. He certainly got a look, and is being replaced by another Euro UFA in Radil. I don’t think anyone can say we didn’t give him a shot.

We gave him a shot for sure, and he played better then at least two forwards still on the roster, playing every single night without fail. I don't think this ruins our credibility with Euro prospects outright, but it does not help.

Doug needs to take Melker away from Deboer, if he is not going to fire Deboer, at least take away his last crutch player, who provides one useful play a month.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think this is mainly a move to support the Barracuda. They play divisional games only until January 18th so this is a very important stretch and they'll always be close from home. Sharks may call up somebody for their road games vs the Blackhawks and Wild but besides that they're at home until just before new years eve. With such a light schedule and the Cuda always close the Sharks honestly don't really need Suomela but the Cuda sure does. This is rewarding their good work without Praplan and Sandberg. Sandberg was released a month ago and Praplan just returned from injury I believe. Suomela will definitely help them out and since DeBoer is DeBoer Suomela wasn't gonna play over Karlsson with the Sharks anyway.

Possibly but we probably won't know until Thursday when the Sharks call up an extra forward for the game since the Barracuda don't play games between now and then.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Wait do people seriously think this is going to negatively impact our ability to sign FA Europeans? Did everyone forget Melker Karlsson was signed out of the SHL? He is the OG Sharks Euro FA signing and his success is probably partly why we've continued to go after these types of players and why they've signed here...why would Suomela sitting magically mean Euros don't sign here? :huh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Possibly but we probably won't know until Thursday when the Sharks call up an extra forward for the game since the Barracuda don't play games between now and then.

Do they really need to call up somebody? Assuming they're all feeling good and with both teams at home I guess they don't need to. And should DeBoer finally realize how bad Karlsson is or a player get injured/feels sick last second then you can always play Burns on the wing or go 11/7.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do they really need to call up somebody? Assuming they're all feeling good and with both teams at home I guess they don't need to. And should DeBoer finally realize how bad Karlsson is or a player get injured/feels sick last second then you can always play Burns on the wing or go 11/7.

Of course they need to. People have gotten hurt in pregame warmups so you need one at the ready just in case.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Holiday roster freeze 12/19-12/27 IIRC.

So, unless it's an emergency recall, no call ups (or assignments) during that time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jumbo is dealing with a little something according to DeBoer but who knows what the hell it actually is. Either way, he didn't practice today.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I hope Middleton plays.

I would hope Heed or Ryan are both ahead of him in the line up. That would mean that Simek, Vlasic and Braun are all out. Ugh.

Burns - Ryan
Karlsson - Middleton
Dillion - Heed

That’s a rough group against this year’s Tampa Bay team.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I think you keep Dillon and Karlsson together and shelter that bottom pairing. Karlsson and Burns can play 28 or so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad