Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Polls: Good to go?

Are the lists ready to vote on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I won't start the first Skater poll until after development camp is over next week. This poll is just to check that there's no one missing from the lists of skaters and goalies.

Skaters (34)
Allison, Wade
Aube-Kubel, Nicolas
Bernhardt, David
Bunnaman, Connor
Cates, Noah
Farabee, Joel
Fazleev, Radel
Friedman, Mark
Frost, Morgan
Ginning, Adam
Goulbourne, Tyrell
Hain, Gavin
Hogberg, Linus
Kalynuk, Wyatt
Kase, David
Laberge, Pascal
Laczynski, Tanner
Lycksell, Olle
Martel, Danick
Morin, Sam
Myers, Phil
O'Brien, Jay
Ratcliffe, Isaac
Rubtsov, German
St. Ivany, Jack
Strome, Matthew
Sushko, Maxim
Twarynski, Carson
Vasiliev, Valeri
Vorobyev, Mikhail
Warren, Brendan
Westfalt, Marcus
Willcox, Reece
Wylie, Wyatte

Removed from 2017's list
Amorosa, Terrance - Rights expire 8/15/18
Bardreau, Cole - Turns 25 on 7/22/18
Drake, David - Signed to AHL deal 6/19/18
Hagg, Robert - NHL regular
Leier, Taylor - NHL regular
Lindblom, Oskar - NHL regular
Marody, Cooper - Traded to Oilers 3/21/18
Patrick, Nolan - NHL regular
Salinitri, Anthony - Rights expired 6/1/18
Sanheim, Travis - NHL regular
Vecchione, Mike - Turned 25 on 2/25/18

Goalies (7)
Ersson, Samuel
Fedotov, Ivan
Hart, Carter
Sandstrom, Felix
Stolarz, Anthony
Tomek, Matej
Ustimenko, Kirill

Removed from 2017's list
Lyon, Alex - Turned 25 on 12/9/18

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Your list looks good to me.

Thanks for the reminder. I have started compiling my rankings. :badidea:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
On a different i have from a source that Bunnyman Allison Laczynski are all injured and won't be in the prospect skating stuff and O'Brien hurt himself the other day and might not first day of two depends. Allison probably still ACL rehab and the others i have no clue

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So it seems like the maximum number of options for a poll is 30, so I'm going to have to exclude four prospects near the bottom of the list from the first poll. Sorry to any family members who wanted to vote for one of these guys at #1.

Warren, Brendan
Westfalt, Marcus
Willcox, Reece
Wylie, Wyatte

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Just going through a rough sketch, I think Martel is the hardest guy to place (Morin too to a lesser extent). He's a lot older than most of the guys and that has to be accounted for, but I think it's unlikely that a lot of these forwards have better pro careers than him. I also don't think the Flyers think he's much more than a good AHLer, but I think there's a chance that he's more than that. I would love to see him get like a 25 game run in a 4th line role and just let him skate his balls off for 8 minutes a night.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just going through a rough sketch, I think Martel is the hardest guy to place (Morin too to a lesser extent). He's a lot older than most of the guys and that has to be accounted for, but I think it's unlikely that a lot of these forwards have better pro careers than him. I also don't think the Flyers think he's much more than a good AHLer, but I think there's a chance that he's more than that. I would love to see him get like a 25 game run in a 4th line role and just let him skate his balls off for 8 minutes a night.

Martel's always been hard to rank because he's performed in the AHL, but if he'll ever get a fair shake who knows. Despite his cup of coffee, I feel worse about his chances now, and I'll likely drop him after ranking him higher in the past. He had such a small window to begin with, and I think he might have missed out.

I think I'll keep Morin vaguely where he was because he's not done anything on-ice to drop, and his fresh contract means he can eventually get a shot, and there's no one at his heels. Besides Myers we might not have a defenseman closer than 2 years away. And dammit I still want to see what the kid can do with his tools.

NAK is the AHLer I have trouble ranking. We all know his 5v5 stats, and I'm not saying he doesn't have flaws, but his limited ceiling here makes me consider. His AHL season, despite the playoffs, was a big success in his role, but if that's his role, how high should I rank him? He's certainly closer than others at least to carve out some sort of role. Friedman to a similar extent further down. Kase is someone I'm having trouble ranking too. What he did in the SHL is no joke; if he gets a sizable role and it translates early in the AHL, not unlike Ondrej, he could make some rankings look bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad