2018-19 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
For anyone curious, I fired the draft picks into my model. This excludes rookies and goalies. Also D and F were split so it is not a perfect overlap between them. The highest ranked forward was Malkin, the highest D was Krug. Lowest ranked forward was Eriksson-Ek, lowest D was Samuel Girard (by me, because I'm a rebel against myself, Lindell was 2nd lowest, again because I'm bad). It's worth noting the overall differences between teams was pretty darn small, so this is nothing definitive.

Overall Rankings:
Brock
CRD
Luc
Vanilla
Griffins
A-Team
name
SC
Canucker
Captain
Balls
Arch
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Forward Rankings:
Brock
Canucker
name
Vanilla
SC
Balls
CRD
A-Team
Luc
Griffins
Captain
Arch
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Defense Rankings:
Luc
Griffins
CRD
Brock
Vanilla
A-Team
SC
Captain
name
Arch
Canucker
Balls
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
For anyone curious, I fired the draft picks into my model. This excludes rookies and goalies. Also D and F were split so it is not a perfect overlap between them. The highest ranked forward was Malkin, the highest D was Krug. Lowest ranked forward was Eriksson-Ek, lowest D was Samuel Girard (by me, because I'm a rebel against myself, Lindell was 2nd lowest, again because I'm bad). It's worth noting the overall differences between teams was pretty darn small, so this is nothing definitive.

Overall Rankings:
Brock
CRD
Luc
Vanilla
Griffins
A-Team
name
SC
Canucker
Captain
Balls
Arch
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Forward Rankings:
Brock
Canucker
name
Vanilla
SC
Balls
CRD
A-Team
Luc
Griffins
Captain
Arch
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Defense Rankings:
Luc
Griffins
CRD
Brock
Vanilla
A-Team
SC
Captain
name
Arch
Canucker
Balls
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

632.gif

img

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Have you dudes seen the new Yahoo Live Stats Tracker? It's pretty awesome. In game box score views and shot charts. Check it out if you get a chance, it's pretty neat.

Kudos to Yahoo, they did some work this off-season. This is going to be a really fun year.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am a bit surprised my forwards are not a tad higher ranked, but at least my D looks good.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Bear in mind my rankings mean nothing as they are just based on last year's performance. Hence why I don't even follow them that closely.

I'm curious about the rankings:
1) When you say it's based on last year's stats, is that on a per game basis pro-rated to 82 games? Or do you just assume the exact same season, including GP?
2) Is it a cumulative tally, or based on an average per player?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'm curious about the rankings:
1) When you say it's based on last year's stats, is that on a per game basis pro-rated to 82 games? Or do you just assume the exact same season, including GP?
2) Is it a cumulative tally, or based on an average per player?

I was thinking it was based on their yahoo rankings, but i could very well be mistaken.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was thinking it was based on their yahoo rankings, but i could very well be mistaken.
Can't be, Krug was ranked like 20th among d-men by Yahoo last year, he's got Krug ranked first.

Edit: Okay, I'm really confused now. Krug was lower than Hedman in literally every single stat (both cumulatively and per game). How can he possibly be ranked higher than Headman if it's only based on last year?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Can't be, Krug was ranked like 20th among d-men by Yahoo last year, he's got Krug ranked first.

Edit: Okay, I'm really confused now. Krug was lower than Hedman in literally every single stat (both cumulatively and per game). How can he possibly be ranked higher than Headman if it's only based on last year?

Stats in each category as a % of time played to give younger guys a better score, then compiled across categories. As I've said, it's not definitive at all, and requires subjective knowledge to make choices. Since good D-Men play so many minutes, it kind of doesn't work overly well for them. However, it does give me a guy like Pulock who was ranked 11th and should see his stats rise with increased playing time. Also it doesn't include +/-.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Stats in each category as a % of time played to give younger guys a better score, then compiled across categories. As I've said, it's not definitive at all, and requires subjective knowledge to make choices. Since good D-Men play so many minutes, it kind of doesn't work overly well for them. However, it does give me a guy like Pulock who was ranked 11th and should see his stats rise with increased playing time. Also it doesn't include +/-.
I think I understand. Basically Luc's guys averaged 21:27 last year, where mine averaged 24:18. So his guys get an implicit 13.3% bonus to their stats (relative to my guys), because that's what they theoretically would have done given the same ice time that my guys got?

Also, I gather it's based on a per player average? i.e. I'm assuming his his 5 guys wouldn't actually be projected to cumulatively outproduce my 6, but rather they'd do it on a per player basis (supposing the ice time assumption holds, and recognizing Heiskenen is excluded from the analysis)?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I think I understand. Basically Luc's guys averaged 21:27 last year, where mine averaged 24:18. So his guys get an implicit 13.3% bonus to their stats (relative to my guys), because that's what they theoretically would have done given the same ice time that my guys got?

Also, I gather it's based on a per player average? i.e. I'm assuming his his 5 guys wouldn't actually be projected to cumulatively outproduce my 6, but rather they'd do it on a per player basis (supposing the ice time assumption holds, and recognizing Heiskenen is excluded from the analysis)?

Yep, basically. The overall is just the average of the F and D because I'm lazy. If player X is in the 90th percentile of 4 categories and the 60th percentile of the other 4, he would end up in the 75th percentile in the rankings. The team ranks are the average percentile their players averaged.

Reactions: BrockH

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Krug hurt, f*** me :(

At least my D is stacked so I can survive, but annoying still

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah when I joined here I wasn't sure about a keeper H2H league messing up my rating so I used a different account when joining here.

Otherwise checking the rating on my original account I have:

Fantasy Hockey(Head to Head)
felo_nhl_platinum_mini@3x.png
PLATINUM
Rating 841
Top Level DIAMOND x1
Trophies 11
Teams 18

Fantasy Hockey(Points)
Percentile 87th
Finished ahead of 87% of your opponents
Avg Finish 2nd out of 17
Best Finish 1/20
Trophies 4
Teams 5

Fantasy Hockey(Rotisserie)
Percentile 74th
Finished ahead of 74% of your opponents
Avg Finish 3rd out of 13
Best Finish 1/14
Trophies 9
Teams 14

That comes from 38 private leagues (probably half being HFBoards) from 2001-2014. So sorry for not carrying my weight for our league ranking here.

Reactions: donut

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah when I joined here I wasn't sure about a keeper H2H league messing up my rating so I used a different account when joining here.

Otherwise checking the rating on my original account I have:

Fantasy Hockey(Head to Head)
felo_nhl_platinum_mini@3x.png
PLATINUM
Rating 841
Top Level DIAMOND x1
Trophies 11
Teams 18

Fantasy Hockey(Points)
Percentile 87th
Finished ahead of 87% of your opponents
Avg Finish 2nd out of 17
Best Finish 1/20
Trophies 4
Teams 5

Fantasy Hockey(Rotisserie)
Percentile 74th
Finished ahead of 74% of your opponents
Avg Finish 3rd out of 13
Best Finish 1/14
Trophies 9
Teams 14

That comes from 38 private leagues (probably half being HFBoards) from 2001-2014. So sorry for not carrying my weight for our league ranking here.

Nice resume. I look forward to adding "0-1" to it.

Reactions: donut

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
20 game suspension is not how I wanted to start the season. I guess that’s risk you take when you draft dumb f***s for their hits and penalty minutes. Oh well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad