• Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Willcox, Reece

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who knows with Laberge, check back in April.

Cates v Sushko, let me get my coin.
Both look like solid 4th line candidates.
I'd have to throw Twarynski with them, size, speed and showed a scoring touch last year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sentimentally , but cant really justify based on performance. IT's a shame what that mother ****er did to him.

His 15-16 season was better than any season of our remaining prospects. I just wonder if he can recapture what made him an early 2nd.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
His 15-16 season was better than any season of our remaining prospects. I just wonder if he can recapture what made him an early 2nd.

I'd like to think it's possible that he recovers, but who knows? I think this year in the AHL will tell us quite a lot.

He's on an ELC so we will likely have three years to see unless we trade him.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
At this point, individual ranks are almost meaningless, i.e., all these guys have the potential to make the NHL, but none are close to sure things. To me, the real question is the cutoff between prospect and suspect.

Cates, Kalynuk, St Ivany, Sushko, Twarynski are prospects.
Bernhardt, Bunnaman, Westfalt, Laberge, Willcox, Wylie and De Haas are suspects.
Fazelev, Hain, Martel, Vasiliev, Warren are long shots.

It's easy to project the first group to bottom six/3rd pair roles, though maybe not in Philly.
The second group will have to take a significant step up. According to Ron, De Haas is taking that step.
The third group just hasn't shown enough to be serious candidates even for a bottom of the roster spot.

I know I am evoking the wrath of the Cap'n, but Bunnaman simply didn't show much as a PD +2 at center, hopefully as a LW in the AHL he'll find a spot that allows him to use his size and skill and covers for his lack of speed.

Same with Laberge, he's been so bad the past two years that until he turns it around and shows he's past his injury, he's a suspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad