Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
6 Minnesotans are on the Prelim Roster for the US team

Also, congrats to Kunin for getting the 'C' for Team USA :handclap:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Wasn't that 2012 team the last USA team to win gold?

That was Sweden winning gold for the first time in a generation, thanks to former Wild prospects Johan Larsson and Jonas Gustafsson (shutout Team Russia). Zibanejad had the medal-winner, Brodin was on the team as well. US didn't make it out of group play.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Russo just confirmed that Ek is Sweden's captain.

Edit - he didn't report I shoudl clarify, just retweeted it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Wasn't that 2012 team the last USA team to win gold?

I think you're thinking of 2013 when we won gold. We had a damn solid team of Galchenyuk, Trouba, Jones, Gostisbehere, Gaudreau, Gibson, etc.

Zucker was captain in 2012, which was also his third year on the US U20 team. Coyle was also on that roster and we just massively underperformed, though the roster wasn't nearly as good. Austin Watson was our leading scorer in the tournament and our goaltending (Campbell in particular) was very shaky.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
trifecta! are we sure we didnt fire our entire scout team 4 years ago? these last 3 years of drafting are looking very promising. is anyone in the nhl talking about this? if these guys were all habs or leafs this would be front page news.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
trifecta! are we sure we didnt fire our entire scout team 4 years ago? these last 3 years of drafting are looking very promising. is anyone in the nhl talking about this? if these guys were all habs or leafs this would be front page news.

I said in the GM thread that the Wild have picked better with fewer and later picks. Something must've changed.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Not like there would be any doubts, but Kaprizov has been officially named in the final Russia NT World Juniors roster.

I watched some of the 1st period in the RUS vs SWE game last night and Russia spent nearly the entire time in their own zone.

Were they expected to have so much trouble coming into the tournament or was last night just a bad game?

Also Kaprizov looked bigger than I was expecting, might have just been the handheld camera making things look weird but he was definitely bigger than Spurgeon and looked closer to the size of Dumba.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I watched some of the 1st period in the RUS vs SWE game last night and Russia spent nearly the entire time in their own zone.

Were they expected to have so much trouble coming into the tournament or was last night just a bad game?

Also Kaprizov looked bigger than I was expecting, might have just been the handheld camera making things look weird but he was definitely bigger than Spurgeon and looked closer to the size of Dumba.

Spurgeon is 5'7'' so he should be clearly bigger :laugh:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Kunin assisted on Greenway's goal last night against Czech Republic. Looks like they were on the 2nd line together with Troy Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad