Speculation: 2017 UFAs That Would Sign in LV?

dashripdot

Jul 18, 2010
Since the expansion draft rules require the LV team to select one player from each of the 30 existing teams, they're not likely to sign many (if any) free agents to play in the NHL in their inaugural season, unless they target a number of AHL players in the expansion draft or trade some of their expansion draftees.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Berglund would make some sense. He'd be able to get more money there than he'd likely get with more competitive teams, and in the past at least...he's posted some better numbers with more offensive opportunity. Not sure how much of that is still left in him, but it could be worth it for him.

I think there are other top-6 scoring role type guys who have shown they can post some points when handed the keys to de facto top-line opportunities, but haven't really shown to be Top-6 caliber on deeper teams, and big holes in their overall game. Like Sam Gagner, Cody Hodgson types. :dunno: Someone's gonna have to play top-line minutes in Vegas...and it's not likely to be every team's 8th best forward. :laugh:
Yeah, Berglund's a good 3rd liner and would probably get some solid playing time on a team like Vegas where they won't exactly be loaded with 1st liners.

And another reason why I have a gut feeling he might eventually end up there... He likes taking Vegas trips. He's one of those guys that likes to party some. :laugh: I just wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those players that would want to experience playing there.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Carlo Colaiacovo

xglyi.gif

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Actually, I could see Marleau possibly being on this list, if he has another down year and wants more money than the Sharks are willing to pay. I don't think it's all that likely, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, Berglund's a good 3rd liner and would probably get some solid playing time on a team like Vegas where they won't exactly be loaded with 1st liners.

And another reason why I have a gut feeling he might eventually end up there... He likes taking Vegas trips. He's one of those guys that likes to party some. :laugh: I just wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those players that would want to experience playing there.

I mean...that certainly helps too. :laugh:

I think the biggest draw with Vegas is going to the opportunity for middle-6 guys who have a bit of a history in producing some when put in roles a bit over their head though. Guys who know they can post more points on a bottom-end team that will be looking to hit the salary floor and pay out on middle-6ers who can play 1st line-ish minutes.

It's not like you can't party in any NHL city if that's your main selling point...or take the odd Vegas trip when time allows (or schedule necessitates now :D).

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I think the biggest draw with Vegas is going to the opportunity for middle-6 guys who have a bit of a history in producing some when put in roles a bit over their head though. Guys who know they can post more points on a bottom-end team that will be looking to hit the salary floor and pay out on middle-6ers who can play 1st line-ish minutes.

That sounds like a perfect fit for...
Vladi Sobotka.

Yep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad