Post-Game Talk: 2017 Trade Deadline Postmortem

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I'd be stoked if Larsen and Granlund were moved. Not expecting anything else from Vancouver, though.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Still have the sick feeling that Benning is waiting to see if Cbus will give us their 2nd to trade it for Lazar.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I'd be stoked if Larsen and Granlund were moved. Not expecting anything else from Vancouver, though.

Am I asking too much if I want them to move Larsen, Sbisa and Miller? Or Skille for future considerations (and we can deploy Boucher in his spot)?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Miller trade would be nice
Tanev trade would be fantastic (market is nuts atm)
Sbise trade would be god like

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Despite there being no evidence of us showing interest in Lazar whatsoever.

So? Every bit of interest has to be broadcasted?

Lazar is a very prototypical Benning target. He's shown a history of going after other teams' castoffs. Don't act like he hasn't.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
So? Every bit of interest has to be broadcasted?

Lazar is a very prototypical Benning target. He's shown a history of going after other teams' castoffs. Don't act like he hasn't.

I would not be all that worried about it. Lazar is not exempt from the expansion draft and the Canucks seem only interesed in ED-exempt palyers.

I get why people think he seems like a typical Benning target and in another season maybe, but he seems to at least be aware enough of the Expansion Draft to not make that particular blunder.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I would not be all that worried about it. Lazar is not exempt from the expansion draft and the Canucks seem only interesed in ED-exempt palyers.

I get why people think he seems like a typical Benning target and in another season maybe, but he seems to at least be aware enough of the Expansion Draft to not make that particular blunder.

Let's hope so. But Lazar is 100% a prototypical Benning target. Just because we haven't been reported to show an interest in Lazar doesn't mean we won't take a stab at him. I will be impressed if Lazar is not a Canuck tomorrow. This is a good test for Benning. He likely has 2 2nd round picks this season. Will he trade one? We'll see.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
My predictions:

Subban gone for a meh forward prospect.
Larsen gone for a conditional 7th (if the team wins the Cup) ;)

Epimetheus

Jun 2, 2011
According to rumours price for Lazar is quite high.Don't see that happening.
Personally,I would be OK with something around Subban,nothing more.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Fell asleep and wake up to see we traded Hansen
I'd have liked a higher guaranteed pick, but damn do I like Goldobin so I can't really complain

Who is our GM ?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Who is awake? Lets do this ****

Maybe we are in for more surprises!

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
We had an undrafted player and a 9th round pick play 1387 regular season games and 134 playoff games for us, then traded them for good prospects in Dahlen and Goldobin who could also have long careers for the club. There's some light at the end of the tunnel, but still lots of tunnel ahead.

I hope fans show up to the games and show some support for the rebuild. I'm going to buy some merchandise.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We had an undrafted player and a 9th round pick play 1387 regular season games and 134 playoff games for us, then traded them for good prospects in Dahlen and Goldobin who could also have long careers for the club. There's some light at the end of the tunnel, but still lots of tunnel ahead.

I hope fans show up to the games and show some support for the rebuild. I'm going to buy some merchandise.

It'd be interesting if fan support went up after the TDL. The supposed in-arena response to the Hansen trade has me curious.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Canucks having a good tdl.

Any of edler eriksson miller tanev to go next would be great. Obviously really good value needs to come back the canucks way for tanev and edler.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Not a popular opinion probably, but if you get a good offer for Tanev make the deal. Blue chip prospect, ++ or something good like that. Load up on prospects, **** it. Seems like a sellers market.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Canucks having a good tdl.

Any of edler eriksson miller tanev to go next would be great. Obviously really good value needs to come back the canucks way for tanev and edler.

Those are players who would be moved in the off-season.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Would like a taker for Miller.

Hoping for a surprise with Edler.

A tanev trade would have me very nervous.

Could see something small regarding gaunce or Subban.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
TSN, Farhan Lalji: Still looking to trade Miller. LA already made a move. Anaheim still rumoured to be interested. San Jose not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad