Ivars Punnenovs - Langnau/NLA
Janis Kalnins - Dinamo Riga/KHL

maybe Kristers Gudlevskis - Syracuse Crunch/AHL

Oskars Cibulskis - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L
Kristaps Sotnieks - Lada Togliatti/KHL - L
Arturs Kulda - Jokerit/KHL - L
Georgijs Pujacs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L
Guntis Galvins - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L
Uvis Janis Balinskis - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L or Ralfs Freibergs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L

maybe Europe
Oskars Bartulis - Admiral Vladivostok/KHL - L (injury - concussion and ankle injury) work individually
Krisjanis Redlihs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L (injury) work individually
Ralfs Freibergs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L or Uvis Janis Balinskis - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L
Aleksandrs Jerofejevs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - L

maybe USA/CAN
Kristofers Bindulis - Hershey Bears/AHL - L
Karlis Cukste - Quinnipiac Univ./NCAA - L
Kristians Rubins - Medicine Hat Tigers/WHL - L

Maris Bicevskis - Dinamo Riga/KHL - CE - L
Lauris Darzins - Dinamo Riga/KHL - LW - R
Miks Indrasis - Dinamo Riga/KHL - RW/LW - L
Gints Meija - Dinamo Riga/KHL - RW/LW/CE - L
Roberts Bukarts - HC Zlin/Czech - LW/RW - R
Andris Dzerins - HK Hradec Kralove - CE - L
Ronalds Kenins - ZSC/NLA - LW/RW - L

finally out
Mikelis Redlihs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - RW - L (injury)

maybe Europe
Kaspars Daugavins - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod/KHL - LW/RW/CE - L - injury
Martins Karsums - Dynamo Moskva/KHL - LW/RW - R - last WC in 2010...
Roberts Lipsbergs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - RW/LW - L
Edgars Kulda - Dinamo Riga/KHL - LW/RW - L
Gunars Skvorcovs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - RW/LW - L
Kaspars Saulietis - Dinamo Rirga/KHL - LW/RW - L
Vitalijs Pavlovs - Dinamo Riga/KHL - CE/LW/RW - L

maybe USA/CAN
Zemgus Girgensons - Buffalo Sabres/NHL - CE - L
Teodors Blugers - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins/AHL - CE/LW - L
Rodrigo Abols - Acadie-Bathurst Titan/QMJHL - CE - L
Nikita Jevpalovs - San Jose Barracuda/AHL - RW/CE - R
Rihards Bukarts - Manchester Monarchs/ECHL - LW/RW - R
Martins Dzierkals - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies/QMJHL - LW/RW - L
Rudolfs Balcers - Kamloops Blazers/WHL - LW/RW - L

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Dzerins has concussion....

Girgensons - Daugavins - Kenins
Darzins - Bicevskis - Indrasis
Kulda - Meija - Lipsbergs
Dzierkals - Abols - Ro. Bukarts
Sub. Pavlovs, Balcers

GX

Dec 28, 2011
With regards to your offensive line-up projection, Bukarts is a fringe candidate for Top 6 minutes, I don't see him in the fourth line. I'd also put Girgensons on the second line. There's no need for a TWF on the first scoring line. Moreover, with the tremendous lack of natural centers, Zemgus should fit the role.

Darzins - Daugavins - Indrasis
Bukarts - Girgensons - Kenins

If you're playing around with CHLers Dzierkals and Abols, let's not forget our AHLers in the form of Jevpalovs and Blugers.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia

Marky1999

Sep 5, 2016
Latvia beats Belarus 1-0 with Miks Indrasis scoring late in the 3rd period. Latvia still needs to improve before the WC, but this game will put them on the right track. gg

Marky1999

Sep 5, 2016
Latvia vs Sweden 4-3 in penalty shootouts. Goals scored: 28:15 Indrašis (Batņa, Ķēniņš) 2:1, 33:15 Skvorcovs (E.Kulda) 2:2, 36:27 Indrašis (Jaks, Ro.Bukarts) 2:3, and Indrašis scored the winning penalty. Very proud of Latvia today. Our greatest game in 2017 so far. I hope this continues! Next game is against France on April 21st in Riga.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Man I miss all the latvians and the latvian excitement on this board. Seriously, what's up with that?

If I were to say Latvia makes quarters, who's with me?

Nah. Maybe if we had Karsums,Bartulis, M.Rēdlihs and Kr.Rēdlihs on board we might`ve had a shot, not now tho.Latvian hockey fans have been heart broken for far too long to have any hope in the near future.

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Nah. Maybe if we had Karsums,Bartulis, M.Rēdlihs and Kr.Rēdlihs on board we might`ve had a shot, not now tho.Latvian hockey fans have been heart broken for far too long to have any hope in the near future.
That's really sad.

I'd take the Danes probably but you never know with Latvia they're gutsy. At least there are youngsters on the team this time like Rodrigo Abols.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
That's really sad.

I'd take the Danes probably but you never know with Latvia they're gutsy. At least there are youngsters on the team this time like Rodrigo Abols.

Its transition time for Latvian hockey, youngster arent yet ready to take charge and the old guard is steadily declining every year, just gotta be patient and wait a few years and hope they dont royally **** up by falling out of the elite.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Watching Germany-Latvia right now, doesn't look too bad, typical Latvian game, working hard in the defensive zone, great goalie and good capitalizing on the scoring-chances.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Roster for WC

Elvis Merzļikins, Ivars Punnenovs, Jānis Kalniņš

Jānis Jaks, Kristofers Bindulis, Artūrs Kulda, Kristaps Sotnieks, Guntis Galviņš, Oskars Cibuļskis, Uvis Jānis Balinskis, Ralfs Freibergs.

Zemgus Girgensons, Lauris Dārziņš, Andris Džeriņš, Kaspars Daugaviņš, Ronalds Ķēniņš, Māris Bičevskis, Miks Indrašis, Gunārs Skvorcovs, Vitālijs Pavlovs, Gints Meija, Roberts Bukarts, Rihards Bukarts,Frenks Razgals, Jānis Sprukts.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Roster for WC

Elvis Merzļikins, Ivars Punnenovs, Jānis KalniņÅ¡

Jānis Jaks, Kristofers Bindulis, Artūrs Kulda, Kristaps Sotnieks, Guntis GalviņÅ¡, Oskars Cibuļskis, Uvis Jānis Balinskis, Ralfs Freibergs.

Zemgus Girgensons, Lauris DārziņÅ¡, Andris DžeriņÅ¡, Kaspars DaugaviņÅ¡, Ronalds ĶēniņÅ¡, Māris Bičevskis, Miks IndraÅ¡is, Gunārs Skvorcovs, Vitālijs Pavlovs, Gints Meija, Roberts Bukarts, Rihards Bukarts,Frenks Razgals, Jānis Sprukts.

Eriks Sevcenko, Edgars Kulda and Rodrigo Abols ara last cuts

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Was Karlis Cukste ever invited to camp, or was that only a slight possibility that never happened? I saw his name in the first post so it made me curious

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Im actually very scared of the game against the Danes eventhough they lack most if their NHLers, they still have Nikolaj Ehlers who could singlehandedly decide the game for Danes, while we have bums like Pavlovs and Skvorcovs on the ice.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Was Karlis Cukste ever invited to camp, or was that only a slight possibility that never happened? I saw his name in the first post so it made me curious

Apparently, both him and Martins Dzierkals weren't let to join the camp by their teams.

In the same, Latvia is still talking to the teams of Nikita Jevpalovs and Teodors Blugers, both of whom are playing their first full AHL seasons. While Blugers team recently lost in Round 1 and their season is over, the decisive game in Jevpalovs series is yet to be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad